1,003 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Front desk staff was rude. They were more concerned about calling prior guests to inform them they violated the non-smoking policy then checking new guests in. DON'T SMOKE THERE. I'm a non-smoker, so this didn't phase me, but they loved calling the former guests. I gave you far warning. We choose the place because of the location and the pool. The pool was empty, as in the water was drained. Kids were disappointed. They had no signs or forewarning the pool wasn't in operation. We had a room on the backside of the hotel, some rough characters were hanging around outside for a long time. I don't think they were guests, but maybe... I'm not just giving them a bad review because they made me mad. You'll see other reviews from me from other experiences in Glenwood. All in all, it's a great beautiful place to visit. Just choose a different hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
La Quinta Inn G, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

We apologize profusely for your experience and will definitely use your feedback to avoid such situations in the future. As for the pool being closed and empty, it happened on the day of your arrival and was re-opened the next day. Sometimes these things are unavoidable, but there should definitely have been a sign on the door notifying guests that the pool was out of order. We will also make sure that this is seen to should the pool close again on short notice.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Our family stayed three nights while on vacation in Glenwood Springs. Our room was very clean, check in was smooth and staff was very friendly. The breakfast was great, something for everyone! The pool was small, but we spent very little time in the pool. The hotel is walking distance from downtown and the Amtrak Station. We had a very pleasant experience and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
La Quinta Inn G, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good afternoon Brandi H,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy we were able to provide a pleasant experience for you and your family. Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inns and Suites in Glenwood Springs! We hope to see you during your future travels.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This La Quinta is conveniently located in central Glenwood Springs, within a couple blocks of the historic downtown area. Access into the hotel parking lot was confusing upon arrival, however, especially with limited signage. Parking was adequate.

Check-in was smooth, and our front desk staff member appeared to be in training. Further conversation revealed the recent acquisition of this La Quinta from another hotel chain. We were provided tickets for the complimentary breakfast, along with a buy-one-get-one drink coupon for the hotel bar.

Rooms have been remodeled, but still need work. The window in our room had a very large crack that was simply taped up with clear tape. Our shower was large without a tub, which was fine except there was no holder at all to place soap, razor, or shampoo except on the floor.

That said, our room was clean and furnishings appeared newer. Rooms seemed freshly painted. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

The bar/lounge was comfortable, with friendly service. Bar food was simply average, with a modest menu.

The complimentary breakfast was one of the nicer meals we’ve enjoyed at any La Quinta. Hot scrambled eggs, sausage, French toast and even breakfast sandwiches were offered, along with standard breakfast cereals, pastries, yogurt, and toast. Fresh fruit was a plus, as were three different coffee brews.

Bottom line: This La Quinta in Glenwood Springs is one of the more expensive hotels in the chain but offers a nice complimentary breakfast in a central location. We would probably stay here again since we’re La Quinta rewards members.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DiveMoreWorkLess
La Quinta Inn G, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you so much for the positive review. We are looking forward to your next visit to beautiful Glenwood Springs.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

This hotel is in a good location. There are plenty of things to do in Glenwood that are within walking distance of this hotel. The hotel was in the midst of a renovation, the updated hotel rooms look great. Staff were all friendly and helpful.

I stay at La Quinta for their pet friendly policies. I did not find this La Quinta to be pet friendly in that there is NO place for pets to really relieve themselves. The "pet area" is all rocks (BIG rocks) and absolutely no grassy area nearby, save the hotel across the street that has a sign indicating that they do not welcome pets relieving themselves on the grounds. When I inquired about the relief areas, I was advised that could take my dog to the vacant lot next door off the parking lot (pics provided, not as welcoming as I hoped). There is a very nice riverside park with great mountain views nearby (about a 3 minute drive).

Also, while staying there the fire alarm went off, reportedly due to the renovation work being done and dust getting into the detector- scared me, really scared my dog; but, glad the detectors work.

If I return to Glenwood Springs, CO, I think I would prefer the Hotel Colorado. It allows pets, and is just around the corner from this hotel. Cost wise, if you shop you may be able to find a deal for similar cost as La Quinta.

Again, the room was nice, good location; but, as a pet owner and traveler, this hotel failed to meet my minimum expectations or experiences with La Quinta. I suggest that the hotel IMMEDIATELY remove the rocks and put down some AstroTurf if they do not want to be bothered with lawn care, this is safer than the rocks for dogs and people.

If you're not travelling with your pet, it's a fine hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank 937LucyDad

Since your visit, the renovations have been completed. We are working on addressing the situation with the lack of dog friendly areas on the property grounds, as being a pet-friendly hotel we know that this is a change that needs to happen. It's through feedback like your that we will continue to improve our location for our guests.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

The staff at this property were very friendly. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We stayed on night and the price was responsible. Breakfast had something for everyone. I did not use the pool or any of the other amenities offered but would recommend this hotel to others for a great place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the positive feedback! We look forward to your next visit.