1,003 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2018

This hotel is in a good location. There are plenty of things to do in Glenwood that are within walking distance of this hotel. The hotel was in the midst of a renovation, the updated hotel rooms look great. Staff were all friendly and helpful.

I stay at La Quinta for their pet friendly policies. I did not find this La Quinta to be pet friendly in that there is NO place for pets to really relieve themselves. The "pet area" is all rocks (BIG rocks) and absolutely no grassy area nearby, save the hotel across the street that has a sign indicating that they do not welcome pets relieving themselves on the grounds. When I inquired about the relief areas, I was advised that could take my dog to the vacant lot next door off the parking lot (pics provided, not as welcoming as I hoped). There is a very nice riverside park with great mountain views nearby (about a 3 minute drive).

Also, while staying there the fire alarm went off, reportedly due to the renovation work being done and dust getting into the detector- scared me, really scared my dog; but, glad the detectors work.

If I return to Glenwood Springs, CO, I think I would prefer the Hotel Colorado. It allows pets, and is just around the corner from this hotel. Cost wise, if you shop you may be able to find a deal for similar cost as La Quinta.

Again, the room was nice, good location; but, as a pet owner and traveler, this hotel failed to meet my minimum expectations or experiences with La Quinta. I suggest that the hotel IMMEDIATELY remove the rocks and put down some AstroTurf if they do not want to be bothered with lawn care, this is safer than the rocks for dogs and people.

If you're not travelling with your pet, it's a fine hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank 937LucyDad
La Quinta Inn G, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Since your visit, the renovations have been completed. We are working on addressing the situation with the lack of dog friendly areas on the property grounds, as being a pet-friendly hotel we know that this is a change that needs to happen. It's through feedback like your that we will continue to improve our location for our guests.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

The staff at this property were very friendly. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We stayed on night and the price was responsible. Breakfast had something for everyone. I did not use the pool or any of the other amenities offered but would recommend this hotel to others for a great place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the positive feedback! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

There were some issues with this hotel. I learned upon checking out that they'd only been in the property for about two weeks and that the property had been taken over from another hotel. The place was in some state of disrepair throughout. They allow pets but housekeeping wasn't diligent about cleaning the pet fur out of the carpet. The sink vanity in the two-queen-beds room was extremely small, barely large enough to hold more than a toothbrush and hairbrush. The "restaurant" in the hotel basement was awful. Poor service and cold food. Though it's wonderful they allow dogs, not so wonderful was the fact that no one monitored the animal's behavior. One dog barked constantly and loudly until about ten that night. The people working the reception desk were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SoCalGuest

We thank you for the feedback. As always, there will be growing pains with a new hotel and your feedback will only help us to improve. This information will be passed on to the staff.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I stayed at La Quinta last week whilst travelling from Tucson to Denver with my American niece. The hotel appears to have been recently refurbished as the photos in previous reviews are nothing like the room we had. Our room was spotless, quiet and pet friendly. The location is great, only a short walk to good restaurants. The tariff was very reasonable and breakfast was included. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would disregard older reviews. The only negative is the wait time at check in/check out. You need more than one person on this counter.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, facing rear carpark with a mountain view. It was very quiet and we had a peaceful sleep
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank suepnz

Thank you so much for the positive review. We are so happy to be a part of La Quinta's team. We have already addressed the staffing issue you mentioned and continue to strive to make our hotel the best in the area.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

I've stayed at this hotel before when it was the "Ramada" and was pleasantly surprised at home beautifully well this hotel has been renovated. Breakfast is included each morning and it has a wide variety of options. Staff is friendly and understanding. Very professional, overall would say we received excellent service. Wifi works, lobby has a welcoming atmosphere. Rooms are clean, nice upgrades and it is conveniently located near to all the central locations in Glenwood.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family