1,031 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2018

This hotel is in a good location. There are plenty of things to do in Glenwood that are within walking distance of this hotel. The hotel was in the midst of a renovation, the updated hotel rooms look great. Staff were all friendly and helpful.

I stay at La Quinta for their pet friendly policies. I did not find this La Quinta to be pet friendly in that there is NO place for pets to really relieve themselves. The "pet area" is all rocks (BIG rocks) and absolutely no grassy area nearby, save the hotel across the street that has a sign indicating that they do not welcome pets relieving themselves on the grounds. When I inquired about the relief areas, I was advised that could take my dog to the vacant lot next door off the parking lot (pics provided, not as welcoming as I hoped). There is a very nice riverside park with great mountain views nearby (about a 3 minute drive).

Also, while staying there the fire alarm went off, reportedly due to the renovation work being done and dust getting into the detector- scared me, really scared my dog; but, glad the detectors work.

If I return to Glenwood Springs, CO, I think I would prefer the Hotel Colorado. It allows pets, and is just around the corner from this hotel. Cost wise, if you shop you may be able to find a deal for similar cost as La Quinta.

Again, the room was nice, good location; but, as a pet owner and traveler, this hotel failed to meet my minimum expectations or experiences with La Quinta. I suggest that the hotel IMMEDIATELY remove the rocks and put down some AstroTurf if they do not want to be bothered with lawn care, this is safer than the rocks for dogs and people.

If you're not travelling with your pet, it's a fine hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank 937LucyDad
La Quinta Inn G, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Since your visit, the renovations have been completed. We are working on addressing the situation with the lack of dog friendly areas on the property grounds, as being a pet-friendly hotel we know that this is a change that needs to happen. It's through feedback like your that we will continue to improve our location for our guests.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

The room was very clean and modern. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast area was roomy and the variety of food was impressive! The location was central to a variety of activities. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 11 July 2018

The staff at this property were very friendly. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We stayed on night and the price was responsible. Breakfast had something for everyone. I did not use the pool or any of the other amenities offered but would recommend this hotel to others for a great place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the positive feedback! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

The Hotel was recently remodeled that was good! The Staff at the front desk was inexperienced. The Maid did not show up until 4:50 in the afternoon to clean the room. Parking lot is small and crowded.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Z8073XRcraigs
Reviewed 7 July 2018

There were some issues with this hotel. I learned upon checking out that they'd only been in the property for about two weeks and that the property had been taken over from another hotel. The place was in some state of disrepair throughout. They allow pets but housekeeping wasn't diligent about cleaning the pet fur out of the carpet. The sink vanity in the two-queen-beds room was extremely small, barely large enough to hold more than a toothbrush and hairbrush. The "restaurant" in the hotel basement was awful. Poor service and cold food. Though it's wonderful they allow dogs, not so wonderful was the fact that no one monitored the animal's behavior. One dog barked constantly and loudly until about ten that night. The people working the reception desk were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SoCalGuest

We thank you for the feedback. As always, there will be growing pains with a new hotel and your feedback will only help us to improve. This information will be passed on to the staff.