All reviews bagels continental breakfast cheapest places hard boiled eggs room was clean small fridge aspen motorcycle highway accommodations downtown
Reviewed 7 October 2018

TLDR: Made a reservation online the night before. I look like a completely respectable normal average 40something woman but the desk clerk said I was a partier with a 30 pack and he would not rent a room to me and my gentlemanfriend. Desk clerk was extremely rude and could not explain why he thought I was a 'partier'. I didn't know refusing to rent a reserved room was even allowed. Go to Caravan Inn instead.

We drove to Glenwood Springs for a weekend getaway from Colorado Springs. I had reserved a room at Frontier Lodge on Booking.com. I went into the office while my boyfriend waiting in the car, since I had the reservation under my name. I am 45 years old, dressed like a normal average 45 year old woman and had just my purse with me. The hotel clerk said he found my reservation. I give him my visa debit card. He looks at me then says he doesn't take that. I asked what he meant, did he not take chip cards, did he not like Visa (what?)? He looks at me again and says he only takes credit cards. Ooooooooooooook, I start looking for my credit card but I'm confused...is Visa a problem? I think my card is a Visa, too.......why would that be a problem??? I give him the credit card. He looks me in the eye again (don't be creepy and aggressive, hotel clerk, what is going on right now?) and says he doesn't take that either. I mention that he said he only takes credit cards and that is a credit card. He says he isn't going to rent a room to me. WTF?? Why? We don't want any partiers. Eh? (I look like a semi-professional insurance agent. Imagine the woman who sells Allstate down the street. Just the most average blah mostly respectable looking, somewhat educated woman in North America). I don't rent to partiers. We don't want a party in the room, no, we don't allow 24 packs (or 30 packs? Whatever kind of pack there is now). I am not drunk or high or behaving oddly. I only have my purse with me which clearly can not hold even a 6 pack of anything. I am astounded, and vaguely panicked. This was at peak leaf season and there were very few rooms left at all in the city when I booked this one the night before. I am trying to figure out what his thinking is. I ask, is all alcohol banned? (Is that even a thing?) What 24/30 pack are you talking about, I have nothing with me? What party, it's just me and my boyfriend. ( I hate that term....boyfriend.....I feel like a teenager going to junior prom). No, he won't rent the room to me.
I leave and we drive around to find a place with a vacancy sign because there were no rooms online. We went into Caravan Inn, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT, they were less expensive than Frontier, the rooms were LOVELY AND SPOTLESSLY CLEAN.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We rented adjoining rooms at this hotel. The rooms were reasonable for this resort town and while it was located on the main highway to Aspen, the traffic did not keep us awake at night. The air conditioning was difficult to regulate and the rooms, while large, need some updating. They were clean. They offered a continental breakfast which we did not partake in. We did look at it and it was fruit, bagels, toast, yogurt.

Room tip: Reasonable rooms; need updating, but clean.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Worst place to stay at we didn’t even sleep here our room checked in and checked right out . The key you had to shove and wiggle around....it had bugs in the “AC” , bugs all on our door showing low maintenance And our tub looked like it wasn’t clean.
Guys just spend a extra 20 and stay at La Quinta this is a horrible place .
He wouldn’t even give us a refund. I hope he needed the money that bad.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2018

My biggest issue is that they need to replace the lock & key. It was a hassle to get into my room every time...the key would get stuck and I would wiggle and wiggle the key. The bed was too hard for me...the shower is the original shower (so has been there 20-30 years). For what I got, they should be charging $50 a night instead of $70+

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

This is the one of the cheapest places to stay we could fine for the first weekend in June. We had 3 girls and had the 3 bedroom room. The beds were very comfortable with feather pillows. The room was dark, quiet and cool with the air conditioner. The room is little outdated but it wa clean. We had a small refrigerator and microwave and TV and many channels. We enjoyed the patio with 2 tables by the check in to sit in morning and at night. There is a very small breakfast which has 5 cereals, hard boiled eggs, and toast. The place is about 1.5 miles from downtown. Would recommended to stay for a cheap place that is clean

Date of stay: June 2018