All reviews hot springs village inn within walking distance fridge and microwave glenwood caverns across the street stayed nights room was large motel downtown shampoo mountains
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is a quaint little motel, but the front desk provided us with a magical evening. The gentlemen told us about an event in Glenwood that evening and how to attend for free. He told us how to get free gondola tickets to a music festival on top for the mountain. We were travelling with our adult sons and we were tired so we were planning just going to go to bed. What a treat! Outstanding service and worth staying there again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for special events and deals.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie P
Reviewed 20 August 2017

First off, the pictures are about 20 years old. Go to Google Maps and you will see that, over the years, the area has built up and the promotional pictures look nothing like it does, today. The interior shots are just as old but the worse part is that they look the same as they did 20 years ago. It's not "retro", it's just old.

The beds were old and hard and the carpet was stained. The dark color hid the stains but not very well. The bathrooms are in desperate need of updating. The TV worked but only 1 channel.

We would have left but we got there late and there wasn't any available rooms close by. My bad, I didn't do my homework.

Also, be aware that they rent these out as Single Room Occupancy (SRO) apartments. There were a couple unsavory people out back lurking in the dark.

STAY AWAY....You have been warned!

Room Tip: Stay away at all cost
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

First room was disgusting: dirty shower, torn couch, cobwebs, dirty floor. Second room was cleaner but had a dirty carpet and window view was of neighbors messy deck. Appearance is that hotel owners are not concerned about maintenance or cleanliness of the motel. I would not stay there again nor would I ever recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid this motel. spend the extra money and enjoy your room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

This is our second year staying at the Starlight. We stayed both times in the suite rooms. We love these rooms because they are so spacious, provide privacy for multiple sleepers (actual bedrooms with doors; great for people who snore!) We also love the fact there is more than one sink and mirror (outside bathroom area) which makes getting ready a lot easier. The rooms are always kept nice and clean and the staff is so friendly and helpful. We also love staying here because it is within walking distance to the hot springs or downtown. The hot springs hopper also stops right across the street for those who may not want to walk far. We always enjoy our stay here and will continue to be repeat customers!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I've stayed in Glenwood Springs many times traveling through Colorado. From now on I'll always stay at Starlight Lodge. The owner is from Poland and fun to talk with. My room was large and spotless. Breakfast was across the street at the Village Inn with discount. On Wednesdays the V.I. has a free piece of pie after 10:00. We dragged our breakfast out to collect our free pie. YUM! YUM! I mailed a letter from the motel to my grandson who is in Army basic training. The owner made sure it was safe and went out on time. She also gave me a thumbs up and thanks for him.

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms reserved. She put us up the stairs in a section with only 3 rooms. WE had the little top floor to ourselves. DELIGHTFUL
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends