Hyatt Place Denver/Downtown
  • Breakfast included
HALCYON, a hotel in Cherry Creek(Denver)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconvention centerstreet mallgreat locationathletic clubfree breakfastvalet parkingtwo blocksnice hoteleasy walking distancemade to order omeletscouple blocksunion stationsitting areabusiness triptwo queen bedsroom was spaciousvalet service
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would like to give the place 5 bones, but I can't.

The room was huge, clean, and adequately decorated (which means all I want is a comfy bed, a refrigerator, and a TV with enough channel selection). Some might see that as a little Spartan, but check out the pics, which are accurate, and decide for yourself.

So far, so good. But I did have a few problems.

First, even though I always leave the housekeeper a 5 buck tip/day, he/she failed to leave clean towels or replenish the tea I drank (FYI - I don't expect the tip to buy me anything extra, it's just a token of respect for a tough job which I do expect to be done completely).

Then there's the breakfast. My first day it was great. At 7:30 AM everything was hot and the made-to-order omelet guy was pumping them out! The next day at 6:30 when they opened, not so much. There were dozens of folks there, business guys with early meetings, folks needing to eat before early flight (like me), and just plain early morning people. I guess the staff works on CO time because all they managed to put out were some cold potatoes, sausages, and bacon (it all appeared to be left over from the previous day). But more importantly, the omelet guy didn't show up on time, nor by almost 7 AM when I had to get ready to go.

I made due with a cold turkey sandwich at the airport.

1  Thank fcfrag
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Affordable hotel in very great location , close to 16 th street mall , restaurants and historical places.
clean , modern , good breakfast and large rooms. staff are great.
My room was on 15 floor , a large room w king bed and sofa, w view to city.
i arrived very early morning and Mike or Mikey ( sorry I forgot his name) gave us the room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Courtney S, Social Media Analyst at Hyatt Place Denver/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property !
We are thrilled to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us !
It is great to know that you were able to benefit from our complimentary breakfast, as well as our city views !!

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again during your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The front desk staff was phenomenal, as was the breakfast. The overall condition of the hotel was clean, with the exception of the guest room. The cleaning staff didn't seem to enjoy their jobs or care about the guests.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hello,
Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay at our property.
We are pleased to hear the great feedback regarding our staff as well as our breakfast!
All feedback helps to shed some light onto our areas of improvement and is sincerely appreciated.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

GREAT PLACE TO stay in downtown Denver , close to everywhere, clean, modern w good breakfast.great staff, big comfortable rooms,we arrived very early but Mike ,or MIKEY , accommodated us early morning w no extra charge.
they are great.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2018

The hotel itself is really nice... They did not clean my room even though having the sign up to do so... Loud fighting neighbors... for the most part the hotel was decent but the environment was loud and not very relaxing

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family