See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 October 2015

This lodge is 1 of 2 properties operated by Frying Pan Anglers in Basalt, Colorado. It is normally reserved for fly fishers booking trips through the fly shop, but they do book other stays but at a higher rate. Basalt is just such a quaint and enjoyable place to visit. The downtown has several good eating establishments, and I did not run into a single rude person during my 4 day visit.

The lodge location is perfect. It is adjacent to the fly shop, 1 block from downtown Basalt, and situated right on the banks of the Frying Pan River. The 4 unit property has been completely renovated, and they were in the process of renovating 2 additional houses when I visited in August 2015.

The rooms have all of the amenities including a fridge/microwave, dining table, satellite TV, fans, and 2 queen beds. A/C is not provided but is seldom needed, even in the dead of Summer. I felt very secure with just leaving the windows open and listening to the sound of the river.

The management was a breeze to deal with, and they have some firm and non-negotiable rental terms. I rather liked that as it secured my peace and enjoyment.

I am very much looking ahead to my next trip to Basalt.

Room tip: I would suggest either end room to assure a little more privacy, but all 4 rooms are a great value.
Date of stay: August 2015