Chateau Marmont
Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
  • Breakfast included
Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)
Sunset Marquis(West Hollywood)
  • Breakfast included
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
  • Pool
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbar marmontthe cottageshollywood historyold schoolwalls could talkmain buildinglarge living roompeople watchingjunior suitemovie starshollywood feelfull kitchenhollywood experiencefour seasonssunset blvdlos angeleshotel bar
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

this hotel is famous as LA's rock and roll hotel and it certainly lives up to the billing. we stayed three nights and every night there was a party somewhere in the hotel. That is not to say your sleep is affected by it, well it is if you want it be. The hotel also has a collectionof long haored rock and rollers about the place who i was not sure if they really were in a successful band or jusr rich kid wannabe's. reality is this hotel does get the rich kid party fratenity.
the pool during the day is quite a good scene with as fair smattering of attarctive people and fully clothed people that you cannot tell if they have just not been to bed!
given its clientel and its party reputation it is worth noting the drinks bill will be prohibitive!
the main areas are stylish and the rooms old fashined but tat is part of the charm.
Overall, i liked it, my liver would not allow too many visits but i will go there again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank horwell B
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

First time at this hotel. It lived up to the hype. We stayed in Bungalow 3. It’s awesome. We saw celebrities. The hotel is fantastic. The staff were very cool and polite and accommodating. We didn’t encounter even the slightest hint of attitude and we’re nobodies. The food is just ok. Could use an upgrade imho. But they never will because they don’t have to. Whatever. We had friends visit with us all weekend and rolled like real Hollywood insiders. The pool was empty at night, we had it to ourselves. Smoking and partying is encouraged here so don’t be surprised if you see smell or hear that. At all hours. Wouldn’t dream of staying anywhere else in LA. Fantastic hotel - highest marks.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I came here as a treat to myself to experience an iconic Hollywood location. For the extortionate rate you'd think the staff would be less snobbish, and the room to a higher standard. The tiles in the bathroom all cracked and not even a kettle in the room. The one star here is for the Restaurant drinks which were superb. My main problem is that this hotel placed a hold amount on my card. A week later, having paid the total of my bill, this hold remains on my card and i am unable to use it. I have phoned the Chateau Marmont on numerous occasions to try and sort this to no avail. I am now having to deal with their accountant and my bank - all for a two night, disappointing stay. More hassle than it is worth.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Becca T
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This place is a zen moment in hectic LA. When visiting busy cities it is important to find the small breathing places. Chateau Marmont is one of these. Chateau indicates grandness and the hotel does remind one of an ancient Mansion that could have belonged to a Hollywood diva. Book a room or enjoy lunch or tea in the charming garden.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I have always wanted to stay at Chateau Marmont. I've heard great things about it and was always curious to see what all of the fuss was about. I have been to Los Angeles many times and usually stay at one of the Four Seasons, or the Beverly Hills Hotel. I'm reluctant to say this but I was disappointed in our stay. As someone who has an appreciation for "quaint" ambiances I have to say I was shocked to feel as if the rooms were less quaint - more dingy. I felt as though they were dark and depressing. For the price point I assumed service and ambiance would be on par with the hotels I usually stay at, and I didn't find this to be the case.

I will say maybe this is just because of my personal preference? When I am in Los Angeles I love to enjoy bright, beautiful atmospheres - I think that someone that likes the Gothic vibe would totally be into this and should most definitely give it a try.

I also want to mention that I really enjoyed the bar and they made an outstanding dirty gin martini!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family