“Support local business - great fish. Fantastic Boba/tea drinks.”
Review of Mr. Fish & Chips

Mr. Fish & Chips
Ranked #219 of 296 Restaurants in Simi Valley
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 May 2018

This little restaurant is owned by a sweet Chinese couple who do the best to please and have been around for a long time. The fish is fresh and good sized, batter a little on the thicker side but very crispy, Not too salty with vinegar, tarter, salt/pepper and catsup as options.

They have a good range of tempura veggies.

My favorite however has to be their boba drinks: Milk tea, Thai tea, and Japanese Matcha. (I believe other flavors are possible). Feels like no cows milk (little nondairy is what is usually used), because it's not stomach upsetting. Minimal to no ice is common practice. Boba fresh every time. Reasonably price. Consistently delicious.

Cash only. Closed Sunday.

Tonight they played music during my dining experience and bowed gracefully in appreciation on the way out. Great experience.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

we ate there once, the oil wasn't hot enough so it was soggy with grease. Sorry, we never went back.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

way too greasy for my taste... I've tried to go back multiple times - it just doesn't work out, always the same.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

A friend of mine recommended eating here, so I tried it out and I was pleasantly surprised at the portions you receive. The counter girl was friendly and helpful. The portions are very genorous and a good value for your dollar. I had the fish and shrimp. The shrimp were a lot larger than I had expected. I think the coleslaw could have been a little bigger portion, but all in all the main course is what counts and that was very good. If you feel like having fish and chips this is a great place to go.

1  Thank kathyqvo
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Heavy, greasy, oily... But, it's cheap.