Book In Advance

from US$148.99
from US$76.99
from US$119.00
1,497 results
All reviews arnold schwarzenegger muscle men weight lifting wings people watching fun to watch open air santa monica pier fun place street performers muscles gym equipment beach ropes freak exercise
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Have come to Venice beach with high expectations so the disappointment was just as great. Muscle beach is an opportunity to see some very buff guys flexing.. equipment is run down and overall is just as good as going to your gym. The people hanging around typically smoke questionable substances and the entire area is a little shady. I would not go back and can't recommend.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

In town visiting my son and his girlfriend. We walked from Santa Monica pier to Venice Beach and Muscle Beach. I'm sure what started out as a friendly weight lifting community turned into a cheesy 'watch girls being hoisted up by wanna be Arnold S' guys. Too much going on. So many 'art vendors' and other questionable sales people. If you are into people watching, then this will be right up your alley.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

It was on our ✅ list because of the hype it gets from days gone by but my husband, 24 year old daughter and I didn’t really enjoy it. It was full of run down buildings, cheap stalls and a lot of homeless people camping out. We walked it from Santa Monica through to Venice Beach late afternoon-early evening. The later it got the more uncomfortable we felt! Once we got home a couple of days later my hubby mentioned that he felt VERY uneasy because he had heard a couple of blokes talking about the watch he was wearing. May I point out it was gold in colour but only gold plated! A (Michael Kors) watch, not expensive. They had spotted it and said to each other “look at his gold watch”! I had wondered at the time why my hubby was rushing us along! All I’m saying really is.... enjoy it for what it is but stay focused of what’s around you.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Venice Beach and Muscle Beach are both a bit run down. Not the exciting pretty place that their names conjure up. Lots of stalls selling cheap t-shirts, sideshow stalls, greasy food outlets and street entertainers. Old and tired. Interesting to see but not a place I would choose to stay for long.

1  Thank OzTrippa
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Not really exciting but an experience to see this gym outside and people working out. It is a part of Venice Beach history. It is interesting even if it looks dirty and not in good condition.