“Muscle beach”
Review of Muscle Beach

More attraction details
Owner description: Weight lifters still strut their stuff at this outdoor gym where, in the 30s, 40s and 50s, crowds would gather to watch young men and women honing their bodies, some of whom, like Vic Tanny and Jack LaLanne, went on to fame in the fitness world.
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Went to have a look at the iconic muscle beach. Very disappointed. The whole area including the muscle beach is very run down and homeless people make shift shelters everywhere. Also smells of urine everywhere and cannabis. I certainly wouldnt take any children here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)
All reviews
"ropes"
in 35 reviews
"apparatus"

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Have come to Venice beach with high expectations so the disappointment was just as great. Muscle beach is an opportunity to see some very buff guys flexing.. equipment is run down and overall is just as good as going to your gym. The people hanging around typically smoke questionable substances and the entire area is a little shady. I would not go back and can't recommend.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

In town visiting my son and his girlfriend. We walked from Santa Monica pier to Venice Beach and Muscle Beach. I'm sure what started out as a friendly weight lifting community turned into a cheesy 'watch girls being hoisted up by wanna be Arnold S' guys. Too much going on. So many 'art vendors' and other questionable sales people. If you are into people watching, then this will be right up your alley.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

It was on our ✅ list because of the hype it gets from days gone by but my husband, 24 year old daughter and I didn’t really enjoy it. It was full of run down buildings, cheap stalls and a lot of homeless people camping out. We walked it from Santa Monica through to Venice Beach late afternoon-early evening. The later it got the more uncomfortable we felt! Once we got home a couple of days later my hubby mentioned that he felt VERY uneasy because he had heard a couple of blokes talking about the watch he was wearing. May I point out it was gold in colour but only gold plated! A (Michael Kors) watch, not expensive. They had spotted it and said to each other “look at his gold watch”! I had wondered at the time why my hubby was rushing us along! All I’m saying really is.... enjoy it for what it is but stay focused of what’s around you.