“Nice restaurant, but hit and miss with our entrees ”
Review of Laili Restaurant

Price range: US$7 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pacific Avenue
Description: For centuries a five thousand mile trade route has joined the Mediterranean to China through Afghanistan and India. Known mostly for the Silk Trade, the Silk Road has acted as a conduit of ideas, cultures, music, food & spices throughout all of its regions. Laili aims to bring the age old flavors and traditions of the Silk Road to life by creating a positive and relaxing environment with a culturally rich and flavorful dining experience.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Haven’t been here in quite a while. We’re pleased to see that some restaurants are opening due to the new orange tier Covid rating.
This restaurant has aGreat courtyard atmosphere and is a lovely place to dine with good service.
My wife had a delicious trout filet and I had the salmon -which was unfortunately overcooked, dry and didn’t taste fresh. Oh well! I give this place a tentative recommendation (similar to our last dining experience here )

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (531)

Reviewed 21 January 2021

This place is just wonderful. Can't say enough about how great it is. The bean soup is the stuff of my dreams. Lots of other great options as well. Elegant space, very friendly staff, just lots of yumminess.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 15 October 2020

The only favor the food has was spoiled! Food tasted as if it had gone bad. Not to mention it was incredibly overpriced

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 15 October 2020

Could not have asked better for a surprising meal! The flavor are fantastic! So many delicous vegetarian options; flavors, spices just a gustative adventure. Had a blast trying to find how it was cooked, marinated, spiced. etc.... an excellent surprise and we shall go back tonight! Just call to reserve and ask to be seated in the cute terrace. The desserts are a dream too!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

Out first experience at the restaurant I asked the hostess if they had Wi-Fi, to which she said, I don't know. Then she went to ask someone and came back and confirmed there is no Wi-Fi. In these old buildings it is hard to stay connected even with a major cell carrier. I am one of those that need to stay connected for work, something is always coming in that needs a response and yes my survey does say I am on a family trip; and no the universe is not telling me something.

BATHROOM: Are shared but clean and I only seen one

KITCHEN: is open and looks clean
COVID: looks like they take is seriously

We noticed the white napkins were leaving a lot of lint on out black clothes. We asked for a black napkin and they did not have any; so when we left we looked like a mess.

FOOD: The food was OK, nothing to write home about. The price was about $20.00 to $25.00 for an entry so I suppose the price fit the food, but I have had a lot better for less.

SERVICE: The server was attentive and I would say the service was excellent. The assistant was always around and the courses came out promptly.

One drink worth noting is the Lime Ginger soda.

Date of visit: September 2020