We had several issues during our stay.
1. There was a dirty plate leaning up against the wall in front of our room.
2. The lighting in the entire hotel, including our room, is quite dim; I couldn't imagine staying there for more than one day. I felt terrible for the employees forced to work in such a dimly light work environment.
3. We were under the impression, based on their description, that a complimentary happy hour is included; this was a determining factor in booking this hotel over another more conveniently located hotel. We ended up spending $60 on drinks with our visiting friend.
4. The lamp next to the bed has 2 USB outlets that only have power if the light is on. Had I not noticed this before going to bed, we would have woken up to dead phones and possibly missed the Surf City race because alarms don't go off on dead phones. I had to unscrew the lightbulb to get the phones charged while we slept.
5. Despite all the issues, they wouldn't allow us to check out 30 minutes later, so not everyone could take a shower after the race in the morning.
6. We paid for a balcony upgrade only to find no chairs on the balcony, making the upgrade pointless.More
- Free Wifi
- Free parking