Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$139
View deal
Free cancellation until 09/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia
eDreams
Trip.com
Agoda.com
All reviews cheaper hotel stayed here for one night lobby parking starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2022

We don't mind paying a bit extra for a Marriott so we get a better room than a lower cost hotel. However this one is over priced and out dated. The bed was worn out and noisy. The shower drained slowly. Worst of all the room smelled like urine. Not impressed. To top it off they charge for parking. Never again. Should have gone with a cheaper hotel.

Date of stay: June 2022
Julie Buettner, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2022

Thank you for your comments. As you are aware, our 2020 renovation was delayed, but we are happy to announce that it will be started later this year. This renovation will include mattresses, flooring, etc. Please do not ever stay in a room that is not comfortable for you. Always ask the front desk for a room transfer. We want all of our guests to be as comfortable as possible. I am sorry that you were displeased with this stay and I hope you will come again after our renovation.

Reviewed 1 June 2022 via mobile

Full of excuses from the hotel can’t get through Marriott corporate very disappointed! I’m not able to show the videos only photos… I was harassed by hotel management and accused of. Management told me it was just only isolated in my room. It’s coming from the bathroom sink drain.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank PM925
Julie Buettner, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2022

Dear PM925, I do see that your situation was researched and compensated. I apologize that you are still feeling this way after 2 months. This was something that we had never seen before or since, so it is is pretty safe to say that you will never experience it again. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 January 2022

So 2 of my colleagues and myself, checked in on 1/3 for a company training for one week. The company paid for room, tax, parking and breakfast daily. I was asked for my card for incidentals (who even has incidentals anymore since everyone has a cellphone and a Netflix account, but I digress). My card was charged $1,000 for incidentals. Yes, you saw that correctly, $1,000. When I called down to the front desk, I was told it was a mistake and they apologized. They also comped my dinner for the evening. No worries, continued my week of training. I noticed however, at the end of the week, the $1,000 was still on my card. When I asked why, I was told by a different front desk agent that the hold was put on my card "just in case my bosses card did not go through." What? So if I was traveling on vacation, would they ask for my best friend's card "just in case my card didn't go through?" Again, the apology, and EVENTUALLY the money was put back on my card. Fast forward to our 2nd week of training. This time, I called the hotel directly to express my displeasure with the previous week. I was assured that there would be no issues. And was told they had staff that was training. Myself and my same 2 colleagues check in again on 1/10. I give my card for incidentals. A $40 hold this time. Perfect! We are off to a great start. The stay went well. And no issues when checking out. Until today. There is a $20 and a $48 CHARGE, not a hold, to my card. I call the hotel, and was told the $48 was for parking and they have no idea what the $20 charge is for. What? So they did a credit for the $48, but said I need to call the bank for the $20. Marriott is normally my go-to for travel but i have never heard of this crazy policy of charging a guest's card "just in case the company card declines." Needless to say, I will be letting my company know about this. They should definitely find another hotel to put employees in when coming to town.

Date of stay: January 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Julie Buettner, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2022

Dear VickiK32655,

We apologize greatly for the troubles you encountered during your stay with us. Unfortunately we have had some staffing challenges with illness and training that occurred during your stays; those challenges are being addressed as quickly as possible. We all look forward to things getting back to normal very soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

We stay one night at the courtyard in Costa Mesa California. It's about 2 miles away from South Coast Plaza which makes it convenient. Not too close to the freeway noise. Neighbors were noisy and apparently smoking pot. Pots melt seeping into room. Also the alarm in room chirping took Personnel over 20 minutes to deliver a replacement battery. Room is nice and clean. Nice view of a pool. Two TV s one in the living room area another in the actual room where the bed is located. Dining area closed but computer for guest use available. Fast foods and eateries located on main street.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank petitesandra
Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

I wondered why this hotel was so cheap but trusted the 4 star reviews. I’m not sure who left them, but guess it is based solely on the price. For $100/night it’s not bad but definitely not what I’m accustomed to for a Courtyard. As a gold lifetime elite member I’ve stayed in many and this was probably the worst Courtyard I’ve ever stayed in. The good - the front desk staff was friendly, the pool was open despite COVID and looked nice. The bad - the hotel is dark and the hallways look like they haven’t been painted in decades. The AC in the room is extremely loud, so I shut it off and opened the balcony door. At 2:30am I was woken up by the sound of loud music and smell of weed so I was forced to close the balcony door and turn on the loud AC. I didn’t get much sleep. The room is also dated and looks like it hasn’t been updated since the 80s. The bistro was closed. The main reason I booked here was to have the convenience of a restaurant/coffee bar on site. There is nothing in the Bonvoy app or on the hotel website to indicate this is closed. This is false advertising and Marriott should do better than this. I’m considering taking my future business to Hilton. As an elite member I’m eligible for free upgrades and a welcome gift. No upgrades were available even though the hotel was clearly not full and the free gift is 250 points (the equivalent of $2).

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Sue M
Julie Buettner, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2020

Dear Sue M,
I'm sorry there were outside forces that interfered with your stay. We are staffed 24/7 and available to research any complaints you have at any hour. While we have had several parts of the hotel renovated, our rooms were due this year. Unfortunately the Global Pandemic interfered with those plans. Our last rooms renovation was in 2013. Also due to the pandemic, our state is not allowed to have indoor dining. Our website does advertise that some amenities may not be available. As the mandates are always changing, we have a generic statement there and follow the mandates here on property as they change. Fortunately we are currently allowed to have our pool open. Our rates do reflect the fact that we do not have all of our amenities available. As far as upgrades are concerned, we have very limited number of suites on property and they generally sell out, making complimentary upgrades very difficult. Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion. We all look forward to the day when things can get back to what we are used to.