Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.comUS$140
Agoda.comUS$126
Hotels.comUS$126
ExpediaUS$126
TripadvisorUS$126
Vio.com
All reviews hot breakfast room was clean john wayne airport orange county airport close to the airport shuttle service would stay here again newport beach convenient location business trip irvine
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2022

Enjoyable stay for my son’s Junior National Swim meet in nearby Irvine. The hotel was very clean, comfortable & had a nice breakfast and pool. The maid service was excellent. I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bestwestern SantaAna, General Manager at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2022

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 26 July 2022

I booked this hotel based on ratings I had no idea it had a heated pool or that breakfast was included. I was very pleased with all the amenities and my daughters and I can't wait to go back.

P.S. The beds are extremely comfortable!

Date of stay: July 2022
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 27 June 2022

If I could give this place less than 1 star, I would....So I usually stay at IHG's as I have been staying in them for years and have always had EXCELLENT service but I thought I would give Best Western a chance. Wow do I regret it….SMH. Okay so let’s start when I first checked in…I travel a lot for work. I don’t have a company credit card. I get reimbursed and it can take as many as 3 weeks. Lately work has been quite busy and have been traveling a lot and it gets quite expensive as you all know. My BF has been trying to help me out so we booked the room under his credit card. I thought it was paid for but unfortunately it was just being held. So when I checked in they wouldn’t let me use the card because he wasn’t there. It was going to be approx.- $400. I asked if we could call him. They flat out told me no we can’t accept it. Great now I’m out $400. After I got to my room I realized I actually did have a cc that I could use. I immediately went downstairs and asked if I could switch cards because I did have a credit card. They told me it’s too late they already ran my debit card and it includes a $200 deposit that can take up to 3 business days. They did tell me the following: PRIOR TO CHECK OUT GIVE US THE CARD YOU WANT TO USE AND WE WILL BILL THAT CARD. I figured I was there working for 4 days and by the time I checked out the funds would be available on my debit card and I would have access to my $400 again.
Breakfast: I specially called prior to booking to place and asked what time do you serve breakfast? They told me 6:30. I explained to them I start work at 7:00 so can I get to go? They told me yes. Eating a GOOD breakfast is vital I usually work 10 hr days with no break. They are so strict with breakfast it’s ridiculous? There are signs everywhere about the rules like you’re a little kid or something and it makes the place look cheap. They give you this stupid ticket that you must take with you. Breakfast is free so the ticket is a waste of time. They don’t have anything for you to grab to go. They don’t have anything ready. You give them your ticket and you pick what you want off another sign RME. I asked them, don’t you have anything that is ready that I can just grab? They said no, you tell us what you want and we will cook it for you. Are you kidding me??? I don’t have time to wait for them to cook something??? Not everyone has the luxury to take ½ hour for breakfast. How hard it is to have breakfast sandwiches, yogurt etc in a brown paper bag for people to grab and take with them as an option for people that are in town for work. That’s what everyone else does…So now I have to go shopping to buy myself food to make breakfast every morning in my room so I can be out the door by 6:30.. There was another sign in the front that says “Ask us about our grab and go breakfast”. I asked them how do I get this? They said you can get a granola bar and I piece of fruit to go. This is not breakfast it’s a snack…RME
The room: There is no carpet just hard floors so you better bring flip flops or slippers if you want to walk around barefoot. Gross…. I opened a drawer and it had hair in it and it smelled strange and when I opened the closet door moths flew out! Ewwwww!
Checking out: This if where It got interesting….I should of grabbed a valet when I checked out but I was running late for my 7:00 start time for work. I was completely loaded with my luggage work stuff, food etc. There was an Asian guy behind the glass. I explained to him. I do not want to use the card I checked in with. I want to use this card. He said okay and took the other card. I also asked for a receipt. I took it thanked him shoved it in my purse and ran out the door. When I was loading my car up I realized that I had the tray from my room in my car. I was using this since I had to cook my own breakfast and eat it on the way to work. I grabbed the tray ran inside and there was a young man behind the glass doing NOTHING. No one else was in the lobby. I told him “Oh I forgot I had this in my car”. He points across the room and said “It goes in the cafeteria”. (Actually it doesn’t it was what the ice bucket was sitting on in my room) I told him sorry I don’t have time and left it on the front counter. He SCREAMS AT ME! THANKS A LOT&%$!! YOUR LOVELY$%^! I almost laughed because I couldn’t believe this PUNK was SCREAMING a t me and doing NOTHING!
I go to work and just happen to call my credit union about something else. Oh can you check my account please, I checked out of a hotel this morning and want to make sure that there are no holds on my funds. They tell me the following: There is $620 on hold!!! Im like what? $620?? First of all the hold is not supposed to be there and 2nd of all that’s too much???? I told her hold on a second let me check my receipt…THEY CHARGED the WRONG ROOM to my card????? It wasn’t even my name??? It was someone else’s...Now I’m mad…I called the hotel back and talked to Cashell or something like that. She pretty much said there’s nothing she could do and that I needed to speak to the manager and then SHE HUNG UP ON ME??!!! She did tell me if he was an Asian guy that was Huy and he was the manager and would be in at 3:00. I immediately called Best Western Cust Serv and told them everything. They told me that you could of filled out an authorization form re your BF’s CC and they could of used it….I told them that they never offered that to me. After I explained everything they pretty much just listened to me and said any compensation for anything needs to come from the manager?
I got off early that day and decided to talked to Huy in person. When I arrived the lobby was full. I was so upset but I didn’t make a scene. I just waited and asked to speak to the Manager. He said he was the manager. This was a different guy that checked me out this morning. He said we could go in the cafeteria and talk. I told him how upset I was and I was going to try my best to keep calm. I told him EVERYTHING and how rude his employees were, how the rooms were dirty etc. I told him how corporate said I could of filled out an authorization form re my BF’s CC. He flat out said. WE DON’T DO THAT HERE. He said all BW are run independently. RME..When I was finished he took both of my cards and left came back and handed everything back and said he put the correct room on my card and credited me back on my debit card. He said the hold can be up to 3 days! Now….I have 2 cards with holds…The one that was charged with the wrong room and also my debit card so now I have almost $1000K on hold??? Again he just sitting there with a BLANK look on his face. I told him, you know you haven’t even apologized ONCE for ANYTHING???? Don’t you train your employess re cust service or spot check rooms. He looks as me with a blank look on his face and in a smart aleck tone says – I’m sorry and WE ARE DONE HERE AND I KID YOU NOT….WALKS OUT OF THE ROOM. I was shocked…When went through the lobby I told everyone that they should stay somewhere else because they will charge the wrong room on your card and then you have hold on your account for 3 days? I called BW Customer service and they told me how embarrassed they were that this hotel is part of BW and how embarrassed they were in the way Huy handled everything. I am being compensated for this poor and pathetic excuse for a hotel. Do yourself a favor and STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE and Huy I have one word for you and your RUDE employees…..KARMA

Room tip: I was 3rd Floor corner room. Far from elevator but quiet
Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Bestwestern SantaAna, General Manager at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2022

We're sorry you were unhappy - we'll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed 12 April 2022

If I could rate the hotel and the experience it would be a NEGATIVE 5 stars. NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE. There was no POSITIVE coming from this visit.
Nor the manager or front staff was helpful. Poor customer service. Awaiting Check in to my room that the manager stated “There is no reservation for you” “I can give you a handicap assemble room, that’s all I can do” A 200.00 deposit was needed, that was only suppose to be a hold until check out. The manager assured me the 200.00 hold would be released and not charged by checkout the following day. I checked out early and was charged the full 200.00 the next day. I called the manager to inform him I was charged. His reply “You weren’t charged, give it 1-3 days” I explained to him that I was in fact charged the full 200.00. His reply “I don’t know what to tell you, maybe you need to call your bank” I had to open a dispute with my bank, awaiting a response.
The hotel staff was not welcoming at all, the manager was the worst one of them all. Not helpful, not accommodating or trying to find a solution. The room had a horrible smell. The bathroom had no ventilation, and the water from the shower filled the whole bathroom. Multiple towels had to be used to clean up all the water. I couldn’t image a handicap individual having to deal with that issue in the bathroom. It wasn’t safe for me or my child. Definitely a hazard for falls. Not a good look for this hotel.
We will not be staying at any other Best Western Hotel. That was the last of my money they will receive. The room was nothing special, definitely too low budget to even charge a 200.00 deposit. I didn’t understand the deposit being more than the hotel price itself. Other High end hotels only ask for a 75.00 deposit and that is just a hold placed if you happen to charge items on the room.

This is ridiculous and the Corporate office definitely needs to take a look at their hotels, management and employees.
I will definitely share my experience with Best Western to anyone who is traveling. That will be to “STAY AWAY, save your sanity, money and your time”

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank deecQ4093CT
Bestwestern SantaAna, General Manager at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2022

Reviewed 11 April 2022 via mobile

Horrible customer service before and during stay. I booked 9 rooms through the Best Western rewards app for a team event. Five days prior I called the hotel direct to cancel the first night for two of the rooms and cancel one room. Upon checking in LATE Friday night, which was a unnecessary difficult process, we went to our room which was clean, but nothing special. The next day when one parent goes to check into one room that is supposed to have been changed to Sat only, they are told we did not have any and that my card was charged due to no showing for these three rooms that were supposed to have been cancelled that night and they only have one room to give us for that night. When I went down, the manager would do NOTHING, basically saying he has no proof I called. I went back in my phone log to show him the call. Then he said he has no proof of what I said when I called. I told him I reiterated my requests several times because I could tell the person wasn’t listening but said they had it. He said then I should have called back the next day, really? My husband lost it at this point because of the horrible customer service abs the manager would not reverse the charges. I will be fighting them through my credit card. Terrible, incompetent and dishonest.

Room tip: Avoid staying at this hotel
Date of stay: April 2022