Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$110
Hotels.comUS$110
TripadvisorUS$110
ZenHotels.com
1,226 results
All reviews cookies orange county john wayne airport late check free shuttle freeway starbucks sna irvine california
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2022

Stayed here 4 times in 2 years, mainly because of lowest price within the Hilton portfolio in the area.

First, its's a 5-floor hotel that has a high rise OB as the background in many photos. Don't be confused by the photos; it's not a luxury high-rise. It is about 40 years old which shows age, many worn-out objects, but with the Hilton brand.
It's located in a very convenient location, near John Wayne Airport and access to the freeways.

All the Hilton Embassy Suites and equivalent hotels now charge $20-$30 DAILY parking; parking was previously free but it's now $27 per day.

My wife felt unsafe due to people hanging out the parking area in the evening (parking was free in 10/2021) and finding beer and alcohol containers in the morning. I likely won't be going back.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 27 July 2022 via mobile

Noisy air-conditioning, no late check out unless you wake up early and request one. Very tired appearance. Budget!!! No lunch menu but close by market. Obviously near airport so lots of air traffic and road noise. Not the best choice to rebook.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2022

Warning, there are 3 Doubletree that you can get pointed at when searching for Doubletree and Irvine. You must know your address! Normally I would fly in, but this trip I drove and pointed myself at Doubletree Irvine not even thinking twice. I ended up at the Doubletree Spectrum. They told me there was another Doubletree, so back in the car I searched for the other Doubletree and clicked on it, Yup, there are TWO others and so I got a full tour of the properties. This is the oldest.

The Hilton App provided me with an upgraded Queen room which was quite nice.

From what I saw of my late-night arrival and early morning departure the property is in very good condition. Mt bed was exactly Hilton correct. The bathroom clean with nice fresh sealants visible if you're looking at those things. Wall paper, ceiling, doors were well better than expected. I do not think my room was newly renovated.

I liked the free parking and the nice rate, that's why I chose it. To use my $15 Food credit it seems I would have to use the restaurant. I did not see a pantry nor were there signs pointing toward one. That did not suit my plans, so that's it.

So if you want to see what Irvine looked like when Reagan was president, this is your spot. Nothing wrong with it. Small for a Doubletree which I think is a positive.

1  Thank billk2345678
Reviewed 21 July 2022

Hair piled in the bathtub. Everything neglected. Popcorn ceiling. Old furniture. Old carpet and dirty and stained . AC unit very loud. Curtains extremely old and dirty . Better to stay somewhere else. The only good thing is the location

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 30 June 2022

When we arrived we learned that the hot tub was out of order and the gym was being renovated. Seems not OK to show up and not have those things when we intentionally booked the hotel for those two things and then did not get a discount. Also, very oddly, one of the beds did not have a sheet. It was 11:00 PM when we discovered this and did not want to deal with trying to get it fixed.

Date of stay: June 2022