Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$138
TripadvisorUS$138
Etrip
Vio.com
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews standard amenities orange county free parking room was large hot water california housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2020

We were pleased to find this hotel as we are frequently in downtown Santa Ana and there are not a lot of lodging options close to my mother's retirement community. The hotel rooms are large and comfortably appointed. The area around the hotel is undergoing redevelopment and in time there is sure to be more options for restaurants and entertainment. In the future, we will be looking to this property for quarterly visits to spend time with Mom.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank 782gretah
Reviewed 23 February 2020

I love this hotel. I really do. I just completed my 3rd stay this past weekend. Front desk always friendly, Even the friends I've taken with me have asked me for the location again so they can book their rooms for future visits. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel. There's always parking available around the building. The biscuits and gravy are my favorite. And its just a quick 8 minute drive or so to Disneyland. I'm currently trying to search for hotels to book my After Dark Disney visit but i'm heartbroken theres no availability for that weekend because without a doubt, this is where i'd book at for a 4th stay. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank Trishuh
Reviewed 11 January 2020

We decided to stay at this hotel since we were attending a wedding nearby.

SERVICE- For a large chain like the Holiday Inn, I expected a bit better than what we received.

A main reason for booking this hotel was their "Free Shuttle" service to and from the airport.

I emailed the hotel before our stay to enquire on how to use this service. I did not receive a response, but figured that once we got to the airport, there would be a shuttle to the hotel every hour or so (as many hotels in the area do).

Once we arrived at the airport, we could not find a shuttle. We called the hotel and were informed that it is only available "on request", and that the next one could be there in over an hour. I was disappointed with this, since I had emailed beforehand to request the shuttle and received no response.

Upon departure, it was the same ordeal. We were given the run around for when we could get the shuttle, and ended up being rushed out of the hotel without being able to print our tickets for the plane.

Not a huge deal, but if you advertise a free shuttle to and from the airport, the directions should be much more clear.

Full disclosure, I completed the hotels survey AFTER our stay, and received an email back right away saying they were sorry about this.

ROOMS- The rooms were standard, but nice. The beds were large and comfortable. The bathroom was a little cramped, but otherwise pretty standard.

THE BALCONY DOORS DO NOT OPEN, which was a little disappointing on several fronts. I understand that from a safety standpoint it makes sense, and this may be a legal issue and not the fault of the hotel. However, it would have been nice to sit on the balcony.

Breakfast was just okay. Nothing to write home about, but it was free, and better than nothing.

CLEANLINESS- Hats off to the cleaning staff, as they go above and beyond here. Our room was impeccably clean throughout the duration of our stay. The hotel and grounds were also kept very clean! This is so important to guest satisfaction, and they have this part right!

OTHER- We used the pool one afternoon and it was clean, and refreshing! Plenty of chairs around the pool and from what I could see they also offer BBQ areas as well! A nice touch!

Room tip: Ask for a higher floor
Date of stay: March 2019
2  Thank Zak H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Ana - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2020

Hi ZakHD,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your thoughts about your recent stay.

I'm sorry that the concerns with the shuttle service and problems with the balcony door, blemished your stay experience with us. We always aim to provide excellent service and make each visit memorable, but we missed the mark. Your review is shared with the management team to ensure this doesn't happen again and to better host you in the future.

I hope you consider us again and give us another chance to host you on your future trip.

Regards,

Virgil N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 5 November 2019

Stayed one night, in Santa Ana to attend a Banquet at the Bowers Museum. (Very nice museum, worth a visit.) Hotel is one year old and rooms and common areas clean. Everything in the room worked, and the room was large and well furnished. Not a luxury hotel, but good value for the $. Breakfast included in my rate and was adequate, good, Convenient to downtown Santa Ana and the I-5. Rooms facing 1st St., do get some traffic noise, even on the 10th floor. Adequate parking and the lot is well-lit at night. Had a problem with the reservation and getting to the hotel--Reservation Confirmation email gives the address as 1600 East First Street, which my GPS did not recognize, and could not use GPS until I got to Santa Ana and called the hotel. They said the correct address is 1600 East 1st St.; entered the correction and it worked. The desk clerk, when I complained, said he will inform Holiday Inn.

Room tip: Get a room NOT on the side facing 1st Street.
Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank Dionges1
Reviewed 3 November 2019 via mobile

Room was nicely designed, great shower and usb plugs in the wall. Breakfast was efficient with a large room. Food was just okay, cinnamon rolls and fruit both could have been fresher.

Down side was the traffic noise, too loud for us, we won’t be back.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank advcards
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Ana - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2019

Hi advcards,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us among your many lodging options. We greatly appreciate your honest feedback.

Providing efficient and frictionless experiences for our guests is our goal, and I am ecstatic learning that you found our room's amenities and shower facilities great. Also nice to know that our breakfast choices were to your liking. It is with regret though learning that you no longer consider us because of the noise issues encountered. I'm truly sorry for the inadequate soundproofing. This is not what our hotel strives for, nor is this our usual or our best. We'll certainly use your feedback as a reference for improvement in our facilities.

Again, thank you for choosing us for your business trip. It will be our pleasure to accommodate your stay once again should your travels bring you back in the area.

Best,