Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$133
Vio.com
Trip.comUS$133
Agoda.comUS$133
Etrip
ZenHotels.com
All reviews standard amenities orange county free parking room was large hot water california housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2020

I love this hotel. I really do. I just completed my 3rd stay this past weekend. Front desk always friendly, Even the friends I've taken with me have asked me for the location again so they can book their rooms for future visits. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel. There's always parking available around the building. The biscuits and gravy are my favorite. And its just a quick 8 minute drive or so to Disneyland. I'm currently trying to search for hotels to book my After Dark Disney visit but i'm heartbroken theres no availability for that weekend because without a doubt, this is where i'd book at for a 4th stay. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank Trishuh
Reviewed 11 January 2020

We decided to stay at this hotel since we were attending a wedding nearby.

SERVICE- For a large chain like the Holiday Inn, I expected a bit better than what we received.

A main reason for booking this hotel was their "Free Shuttle" service to and from the airport.

I emailed the hotel before our stay to enquire on how to use this service. I did not receive a response, but figured that once we got to the airport, there would be a shuttle to the hotel every hour or so (as many hotels in the area do).

Once we arrived at the airport, we could not find a shuttle. We called the hotel and were informed that it is only available "on request", and that the next one could be there in over an hour. I was disappointed with this, since I had emailed beforehand to request the shuttle and received no response.

Upon departure, it was the same ordeal. We were given the run around for when we could get the shuttle, and ended up being rushed out of the hotel without being able to print our tickets for the plane.

Not a huge deal, but if you advertise a free shuttle to and from the airport, the directions should be much more clear.

Full disclosure, I completed the hotels survey AFTER our stay, and received an email back right away saying they were sorry about this.

ROOMS- The rooms were standard, but nice. The beds were large and comfortable. The bathroom was a little cramped, but otherwise pretty standard.

THE BALCONY DOORS DO NOT OPEN, which was a little disappointing on several fronts. I understand that from a safety standpoint it makes sense, and this may be a legal issue and not the fault of the hotel. However, it would have been nice to sit on the balcony.

Breakfast was just okay. Nothing to write home about, but it was free, and better than nothing.

CLEANLINESS- Hats off to the cleaning staff, as they go above and beyond here. Our room was impeccably clean throughout the duration of our stay. The hotel and grounds were also kept very clean! This is so important to guest satisfaction, and they have this part right!

OTHER- We used the pool one afternoon and it was clean, and refreshing! Plenty of chairs around the pool and from what I could see they also offer BBQ areas as well! A nice touch!

Room tip: Ask for a higher floor
Date of stay: March 2019
2  Thank Zak H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Ana - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2020

Hi ZakHD,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your thoughts about your recent stay.

I'm sorry that the concerns with the shuttle service and problems with the balcony door, blemished your stay experience with us. We always aim to provide excellent service and make each visit memorable, but we missed the mark. Your review is shared with the management team to ensure this doesn't happen again and to better host you in the future.

I hope you consider us again and give us another chance to host you on your future trip.

Regards,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 5 November 2019

Stayed one night, in Santa Ana to attend a Banquet at the Bowers Museum. (Very nice museum, worth a visit.) Hotel is one year old and rooms and common areas clean. Everything in the room worked, and the room was large and well furnished. Not a luxury hotel, but good value for the $. Breakfast included in my rate and was adequate, good, Convenient to downtown Santa Ana and the I-5. Rooms facing 1st St., do get some traffic noise, even on the 10th floor. Adequate parking and the lot is well-lit at night. Had a problem with the reservation and getting to the hotel--Reservation Confirmation email gives the address as 1600 East First Street, which my GPS did not recognize, and could not use GPS until I got to Santa Ana and called the hotel. They said the correct address is 1600 East 1st St.; entered the correction and it worked. The desk clerk, when I complained, said he will inform Holiday Inn.

Room tip: Get a room NOT on the side facing 1st Street.
Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank Dionges1
Reviewed 3 November 2019 via mobile

Room was nicely designed, great shower and usb plugs in the wall. Breakfast was efficient with a large room. Food was just okay, cinnamon rolls and fruit both could have been fresher.

Down side was the traffic noise, too loud for us, we won’t be back.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank advcards
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Ana - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2019

Hi advcards,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us among your many lodging options. We greatly appreciate your honest feedback.

Providing efficient and frictionless experiences for our guests is our goal, and I am ecstatic learning that you found our room's amenities and shower facilities great. Also nice to know that our breakfast choices were to your liking. It is with regret though learning that you no longer consider us because of the noise issues encountered. I'm truly sorry for the inadequate soundproofing. This is not what our hotel strives for, nor is this our usual or our best. We'll certainly use your feedback as a reference for improvement in our facilities.

Again, thank you for choosing us for your business trip. It will be our pleasure to accommodate your stay once again should your travels bring you back in the area.

Best,

Kenneth F.

Reviewed 2 November 2019

Prior to checking in, I called the hotel and spoke to Frances. I requested an early check-in and she was able to notate my reservation mentioning I would be checking in early and to provide a queen double until the suite I reserved opened up. Now, let's fast forward to the day I checked in. I was greeted by Kim around 9AM on a Thursday. I mentioned that I spoke to Frances and the conversation we had. Kim didn't have a double available, but the actual suite I booked, which was awesome. Unfortunately, it was on the third floor where you can hear all of the street noise. I was willing to deal with that. What I couldn't deal with was the hair we found on, both, the pull out sofa bed and the actual bed in our room.

I called down immediately after I found the hair in the sofa bed asking, get Kim, and ask for a new sofa bed cover. Over an hour went by before I decided to go down to the front desk and ask for it again. Kim apologizes and calls someone on her walkie to bring it to my room. I also mentioned how hot it was and Brandon ended up giving me two INDUSTRIAL fans for my room. I waited 20 minutes, needed to leave, so I took the elevator down and told Kim I no longer needed the cover. That, in fact, I pulled a sheet off of my bed to accommodate the sofa bed, then left the hotel.

When I get back, not even 30 minutes later, I noticed hair in the bed of our room. Not just the sofa bed. Tiny little hairs that didn't belong to me by any means. I take the elevator back down, Kim is gone from the front desk and Frances is working. I mention to Frances that we spoke on the phone a couple of weeks back and have a few issues with my room. The first was to ask for a room away from the elevator, since Kim told me it wasn't, and to mention the hair in my bed and the sofa bed.

Frances then begins to question whether or not I told Kim about the room and if I asked to be moved. At that time I said "no" simply because I couldn't remember, I was extremely exhausted from a red eye and she had NO reason to question a guest. Later I did remember asking Kim if I could be moved because the room was by an elevator and was told I couldn't be because the hotel was sold out. Frances then tells me the same and that I could moved in the morning if I stop by early. She then begins writing in their notebook. This notebook is for guest requests and tasks for the next shift.

I take the elevator back to my room, and not even five minutes later, Frances appears at my door with sheets. She walks in, enters the living area, walk pasts the sofa bed and enters the bedroom. She looks at the bed, has a look of disgust and says it wasn't cleaned. Obviously.

She begins to place a fitted sheet on there and I assist. Keep that in mind. I am helping at this point. After I had someone else's hair in my bed, the sofa bed and trash next to the dresser. WE finish making the bed, she walks towards the sofa bed, says shes not a housekeeper and needs to be downstairs to help guests. Ummmm, neither am I and the one making the bed for a room I paid for.

Before she leaves, she mentions she will have comforters for both beds later. An hour goes by and I get a call from Frances saying she "promises" she didn't forget about me and will have comforters up to me soon. This was in the afternoon. We leave for Long Beach and eventually get our comforters that day.

The very next morning, I meet Anthony, whom also works the front desk and mention that I need to be moved and it should be in their notebook notated. He was nice and after looking between two different computers, and looking like he may not find a room for me, I mention that I'm booked somewhere else and have a backup plan if need be.

He says that he is looking and says he can put me on the ninth floor. The hotel has ten floors, so I took it. However, the room wouldn't be ready until noon so we had to check out of our current room and check in to the "new" room. I mentioned we were spending the day in San Diego and would be back later. He then offered for me to leave our luggage with them and pick it up as we get our new room key. I declined.

Anyhow, we get back in the afternoon around 3:15PM, Anthony is no longer at the front desk, and I'm greeted by Theresa and I believe William. I mention my discussion with Anthony and he proceeds to tell me he is aware of the situation and to put me in room 610. Another discussion and I'm assigned to room 910.

It was better, sort of. In the sense that I couldn't hear the street noise as much and it was actually clean. We ended up staying 4 nights. I know it's a 2 star hotel, but I'm really surprised by the 4 star rating by guests. Maybe I shouldn't have high expectations because it's a 2 star hotel, but a clean room without hair in the bed isn't asking too much. Also, to have requests fulfilled in a reasonable amount of time. It shouldn't be over an hour and O shouldnt have to go down stairs to speak to anyone in person, repeatedly, to get things done.

Frances also told me I would receive extra IHG rewards points and I never received them. Its an okay hotel, but three stars is what they deserve. Which, hey, could be worse considering what I experienced.

Also, I left out a lot, but the security guard was my hero. At some point, I needed an extra blanket and he was at my room within a few minutes.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank COhiker303

Hi COhiker303,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about how your stay was at our hotel.

We have an amazing team whose utmost priority is providing impeccable services. I am sorry we were not consistent in providing impeccable services, particularly with the room cleanliness, HVAC issue and level of customer retention. It is not just a matter of how we do things but also how we provide a pleasant hotel experience through our amenities and service. I sent you a private message to ask more information about your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and your business with IHG. We look forward to the next time you make us your home-away-from home. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,