Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Vio.comUS$133
Agoda.comUS$133
Trip.comUS$133
TripadvisorUS$133
ZenHotels.com
Etrip
All reviews standard amenities orange county free parking room was large hot water california housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 November 2019 via mobile

Room was nicely designed, great shower and usb plugs in the wall. Breakfast was efficient with a large room. Food was just okay, cinnamon rolls and fruit both could have been fresher.

Down side was the traffic noise, too loud for us, we won’t be back.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank advcards
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Ana - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2019

Hi advcards,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us among your many lodging options. We greatly appreciate your honest feedback.

Providing efficient and frictionless experiences for our guests is our goal, and I am ecstatic learning that you found our room's amenities and shower facilities great. Also nice to know that our breakfast choices were to your liking. It is with regret though learning that you no longer consider us because of the noise issues encountered. I'm truly sorry for the inadequate soundproofing. This is not what our hotel strives for, nor is this our usual or our best. We'll certainly use your feedback as a reference for improvement in our facilities.

Again, thank you for choosing us for your business trip. It will be our pleasure to accommodate your stay once again should your travels bring you back in the area.

Kenneth F.

Reviewed 2 November 2019

Prior to checking in, I called the hotel and spoke to Frances. I requested an early check-in and she was able to notate my reservation mentioning I would be checking in early and to provide a queen double until the suite I reserved opened up. Now, let's fast forward to the day I checked in. I was greeted by Kim around 9AM on a Thursday. I mentioned that I spoke to Frances and the conversation we had. Kim didn't have a double available, but the actual suite I booked, which was awesome. Unfortunately, it was on the third floor where you can hear all of the street noise. I was willing to deal with that. What I couldn't deal with was the hair we found on, both, the pull out sofa bed and the actual bed in our room.

I called down immediately after I found the hair in the sofa bed asking, get Kim, and ask for a new sofa bed cover. Over an hour went by before I decided to go down to the front desk and ask for it again. Kim apologizes and calls someone on her walkie to bring it to my room. I also mentioned how hot it was and Brandon ended up giving me two INDUSTRIAL fans for my room. I waited 20 minutes, needed to leave, so I took the elevator down and told Kim I no longer needed the cover. That, in fact, I pulled a sheet off of my bed to accommodate the sofa bed, then left the hotel.

When I get back, not even 30 minutes later, I noticed hair in the bed of our room. Not just the sofa bed. Tiny little hairs that didn't belong to me by any means. I take the elevator back down, Kim is gone from the front desk and Frances is working. I mention to Frances that we spoke on the phone a couple of weeks back and have a few issues with my room. The first was to ask for a room away from the elevator, since Kim told me it wasn't, and to mention the hair in my bed and the sofa bed.

Frances then begins to question whether or not I told Kim about the room and if I asked to be moved. At that time I said "no" simply because I couldn't remember, I was extremely exhausted from a red eye and she had NO reason to question a guest. Later I did remember asking Kim if I could be moved because the room was by an elevator and was told I couldn't be because the hotel was sold out. Frances then tells me the same and that I could moved in the morning if I stop by early. She then begins writing in their notebook. This notebook is for guest requests and tasks for the next shift.

I take the elevator back to my room, and not even five minutes later, Frances appears at my door with sheets. She walks in, enters the living area, walk pasts the sofa bed and enters the bedroom. She looks at the bed, has a look of disgust and says it wasn't cleaned. Obviously.

She begins to place a fitted sheet on there and I assist. Keep that in mind. I am helping at this point. After I had someone else's hair in my bed, the sofa bed and trash next to the dresser. WE finish making the bed, she walks towards the sofa bed, says shes not a housekeeper and needs to be downstairs to help guests. Ummmm, neither am I and the one making the bed for a room I paid for.

Before she leaves, she mentions she will have comforters for both beds later. An hour goes by and I get a call from Frances saying she "promises" she didn't forget about me and will have comforters up to me soon. This was in the afternoon. We leave for Long Beach and eventually get our comforters that day.

The very next morning, I meet Anthony, whom also works the front desk and mention that I need to be moved and it should be in their notebook notated. He was nice and after looking between two different computers, and looking like he may not find a room for me, I mention that I'm booked somewhere else and have a backup plan if need be.

He says that he is looking and says he can put me on the ninth floor. The hotel has ten floors, so I took it. However, the room wouldn't be ready until noon so we had to check out of our current room and check in to the "new" room. I mentioned we were spending the day in San Diego and would be back later. He then offered for me to leave our luggage with them and pick it up as we get our new room key. I declined.

Anyhow, we get back in the afternoon around 3:15PM, Anthony is no longer at the front desk, and I'm greeted by Theresa and I believe William. I mention my discussion with Anthony and he proceeds to tell me he is aware of the situation and to put me in room 610. Another discussion and I'm assigned to room 910.

It was better, sort of. In the sense that I couldn't hear the street noise as much and it was actually clean. We ended up staying 4 nights. I know it's a 2 star hotel, but I'm really surprised by the 4 star rating by guests. Maybe I shouldn't have high expectations because it's a 2 star hotel, but a clean room without hair in the bed isn't asking too much. Also, to have requests fulfilled in a reasonable amount of time. It shouldn't be over an hour and O shouldnt have to go down stairs to speak to anyone in person, repeatedly, to get things done.

Frances also told me I would receive extra IHG rewards points and I never received them. Its an okay hotel, but three stars is what they deserve. Which, hey, could be worse considering what I experienced.

Also, I left out a lot, but the security guard was my hero. At some point, I needed an extra blanket and he was at my room within a few minutes.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank COhiker303

Hi COhiker303,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about how your stay was at our hotel.

We have an amazing team whose utmost priority is providing impeccable services. I am sorry we were not consistent in providing impeccable services, particularly with the room cleanliness, HVAC issue and level of customer retention. It is not just a matter of how we do things but also how we provide a pleasant hotel experience through our amenities and service. I sent you a private message to ask more information about your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and your business with IHG. We look forward to the next time you make us your home-away-from home. I hope to hear from you soon.

Zel N.

Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

The location of the hotel is very good, it is close to several stores and restaurants. The staff was friendly, the complimentary breakfast was very good and had a lot of variety, except for the fruit selections. Overall this was a good stay.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank derrickwg36
therealwilljobin, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Ana - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay. It is always a pleasure knowing we made your stay enjoyable. We hope that you will think of us if you ever return to the Orange County area.

Reviewed 28 September 2019

The hotel has been remodeled and is so clean and like new. I also thought the rooms were nicely insulated so you didn't hear your neighbors. The windows however are not so you could hear sirens and traffic outside. This hotel is not in the best neighborhood but the hotel security seems to be very good and I felt safe when at the hotel. The other downside is there are no close eating establishments or grocery. I totally stay here again because it quick to get on and off the freeway and was perfect for visiting Disneyland but just requires a little driving and more planning if you want to grab something to eat. Our kids especially liked the heated pool and breakfast (pancakes, muffins and cinnamon cinnamon rolls). They also have sausage, eggs, yogurt, toast, and bananas. Definitely recommend staying here.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank Sabrina F
Reviewed 21 July 2019

Interior and rooms of hotel nice but location is not the best and probably would not walk around at night.. In the middle of the night had to call front desk due to a homeless man being beat up in the parking lot outside our room. Breakfast...just okay. Not the usual cinnamon rolls that they advertise and you come to expect, Looked out of a package from a grocery store. Cold eggs and cold pre-made pancakes. Tried to ask the people manning the breakfast area but there was a language problem. Have stayed in a lot of IHG hotels and probably won't be back to this one. The one bright spot was a great hotel manager!

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Yojack1
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Ana - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2019

Hello Yojack1,

Thanks for being a frequent guest of IHG and taking the time to leave feedback. I'm glad that you liked our rooms despite the unusual situation that you witnessed. On the downside, I'm sorry if you weren't completely satisfied with breakfast. I've shared your review with management and I trust improvements will be done to serve our guests better.

I hope we get the chance to host you again in the future.

Pam G