All reviews home depot great hotel red robin foster city shopping and restaurants business trip lobby area easy access stayed one night definitely stay here again sfo airport silicon valley free parking great room convenient location close to the airport hgi
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We picked this property because of it's close proximity to SFO. It is less than fifteen minutes away and was rated well on TA. Check-In was very nice with a pleasant, informative and smiling staff. I was greeted as a Diamond Member and placed on the top floor of the property. A nicely appointed room with little or no signs of wear and tear. We chose to eat at the restaurant in the lobby area. The staff were great, but I definitely had the worst spare ribs of my life. Cooked to the consistency of wood. The area around the hotel appeared to have shopping and restaurants. Free onsite parking and a free airport shuttle that runs on the hour is available. A nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank bbbob84
Reviewed 16 April 2018

My wife was due to have surgery the next day at Stanford Medical Center. We rested in room and she bathed with an anti-bacterial soap in the tub used fro pre-operation purposes. She found a few dark hairs in the water.
Also, breakfast was billed to my credit card upon arriving home. Ten years of gold/ diamond status Hilton Honors has never had a hotel charge for their complimentary breakfast. These guys did and I had to spend time calling and getting this corrected.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Derek H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear 594barryp,

Thank you for your comments. I have discussed the cleanliness issue with our housekeeping staff to make sure they are more detailed in their cleaning to maintain our high standards. I am sorry this was missed.

In regards to your breakfast situation, Hilton Honors allows gold and diamond members to make a choice between 750 additional points OR breakfast but not both. Upon your reviewing your Honors profile I can see that it still shows your choice as being the extra points. If you prefer breakfast then you would need to update your account. If you need assistance in making the change or have further questions then I'd be happy to help. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Derek Hudson
(650)356-6107
Email: derek.hudson@hilton.com

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Exactly what I would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn - clean, quiet and comfy. Check in was easy. My room spacious and clean. Free WiFi too! Great for the no nonsense business trip. It is walking distance to several restaurants and a shopping center in a nice neighborhood.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Excellent customer service, great breakfast (warm french toast was great) super clean rooms and gym. The pool and jacuzzi area was very nice with 2 cabana areas and lots of seating. Definitely worth the stay !

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Our original plans fell through as we were in the air traveling so we booked this same day knowing the reputation would help salvage our quick weekend getaway. And it did. Staff very friendly and professional. Lobby and rooms very clean. Breakfast was amazing. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple