See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

The staff was friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and recently remodeled with lament floors and flat screen . Bed comfortable and pillows good size and firm. Dogs allowed no extra charge . There is plenty of parking and lots of rooms. We were towards the back and could not hear any 101 road noise . Bath room updated and clean . We would stay again .

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2017

I like the Motel. I come thru this town for business. Its quiet and the front desk is always friendly. When I come back in after working all day my room is clean. I never see trash anywhere and I did use the pool which was clean. One more thing I had to pay for my 2.99 internet but I do not care because I only paid 59.99 for a weeknight room

Room Tip: The north side is near the pool was quiet and it was nice and cool in my room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2017

We stayed at Motel6 SLO North for 3 days because they were the only ones that had a downstairs room for our teenager who had broken her leg and had just been discharged from the hospital. They gave us a "suite" which had a fold-out couch and a separate master bedroom( I think it was the old manager's apartment). It smelled of paint, and it's bathroom was inconveniently located thru the master bedroom, so our two girls were constantly having to go thru our room to use it. The dining area was huge, but only had the standard table, so the area was wasted. They gave us blankets for the fold-out, but when we requested clean ones after sleeping in them they declined. Also would not give us extra pillows. There was no micro/fridge in the room, even though we requested one online. The microwave in the hallway was broken, so was the ice machine for the whole time we were there. Yet they had a microwave in their break room, which we did not understand why they didn't put out for their guests. They did not clean the pool or pick up the trash we and other guests had put out the whole time. The maids did not knock before entering and scared our daughters at the time(we were out shopping). It was like night and day once we got to move to the Motel6 South. Clean rooms, clean pool, pleasant manager, extra pillows, micro/fridge room, working public microwave and ice machine and they had a laundry room! Pretty much everything the North one lacked the South one had. Stay at Motel 6 South if you are in the area, you'll be treated right! So amazing how different they are in such close proximity to each other.

Room Tip: Don't stay here period! Stay at the South one!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tikibyccartbyanne
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 San Luis Obispo North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We booked and paid for the room through Expedia. We were in San Luis Obispo for my nephew's graduation. All the hotels under $400 a night were booked full ... except for this one. After staying it was obvious why. The room smelled like cigarette smoke, the neighbors were noisy and kept trying to open the interior door between our rooms. I have slept on mattresses filled with sand. I have slept on concrete porch in Central America. The mattress at this hotel was viciously uncomfortable.
After we checked out and were driving on the highway, their front desk called us and told us to come back because we hadn't paid. We explained repeatedly that we had and been told on checking in that we had paid. The desk worker was insistent. Three hours later and after numerous phone calls. She figured it out
Then there was the final straw... they charged for wifi access. I would sleep in my car or under a tree before I go back there

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Guy F

Hi Guy. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

My sister and I stayed at Motel 6. We have never experienced such a horrible hotel stay in our life. First, all non-smoking rooms were taken, so we had to stay in a smoking room the first night. My sister is highly allergic and had some reaction to the smell of the smoke in the room. The hotel clerk tried to accommodate our stay and moved us into a non-smoking room for our 2nd night. This room was extremely dirty! The floor was so dirty that we could not walk around without shoes on. Both of our beds had a bunch of hair on the sheets and pillow cases. The bathroom towels has a huge hair clump on one and the other towels were covered in stains. To top it all off, our toilet kept clogging and the front desk made us plunge our own toilet!!! They brought us a plunger and said that they do not have maintenance! I have never stayed anywhere and had to plunge my own toilet. Finally, there were 2 hoodlums standing outside our hotel room smoking marijuana. The cost of the room was a rip off! I will never stay at a hotel 6 ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very disappointing.

Room Tip: ask for non-smoking
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank jewelz805
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Luis Obispo North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Jewelz, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the various issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.