1,840 results
All reviews rock shower copper cafe themed rooms over the top caveman room rock walls different theme pink champagne cake gold rush steakhouse kona rock men's restroom heated toilet seat love nest bucket list filet mignon one of a kind dance floor
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We passed this on our many family trips over the years to LA but we’re were so hesitant to stay here cause it just sounded sorta odd and we thought it could just be a tourist trap disaster. Well we were so completely wrong. The pool is just the best thing within four hours of San Francisco! It is warm beach entry lots of shades and seating and the perfect resort like setting. It’s a win for both kids and adults. Thenthe rooms sound Kitchn but they are clean and spacious and far from the Kitchy impressionyou may get. And then there is Dessert sigh. Just treat yourself to a late night piece of delicious pie heated of course or the fabulous cakes!!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in the Wilhelm Tell room (203) for a night while driving south- heard about it for years from my grandparents and figured why not. Manage your expectations, it’s an old hotel and it’s delightfully kitschy and pink as you’d expect. The rooms are not modern and updated, they’re a bit musty and dated... but that’s the charm. The pool is incredible, definitely take the time to walk around the property and take it in... would absolutely stay here again!

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

This unique hotel has put a lot of thought into the design of every room. Our suite had an awesome cave shower big enough for two. The amenities were very nice as well....beautiful affinity heated pool, two hot tubs, secret garden, hiking trails, tennis and basketball courts, workout room, bikes available to ride to downtown SLO (less than a mile away), over the top pastries and a very nice restaurant. Don’t forget to visit the men’s bathroom, you’ll see what I mean when you get there. We visited in the Fall season when the rates of the rooms drop and are much more affordable.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 25 October 2018

I booked a three night stay through Hotwire from September 14-16. My plane was cancelled due to runway problems in Seattle. I tried to call the Madonna Inn to inform them of the situation, but their lines were down, and I couldn't get through. I made multiple calls, and finally in the evening was able to speak to a man at the front desk in order to notify the Inn that I would be unable to use the first night of a three night stay. I understood that I would have to pay for the first night, however, I was assured that my room would be held for the next two nights.
When I arrived the following day, exhausted from a day of travel, and moving my daughter into the dorms, I was told that my room was sold to another customer. I was shocked to learn that I was charged for the reservation, and it was not held, as promised to me. In addition, the room had to have been booked shortly after I called, and the Madonna Inn got paid twice for the same room.
Upon calling twice to two different managers, they wanted to know the name of the man I spoke to, and unfortunately didn't get his name, but had the exact time of the call stamped on my cell phone. They said that since I booked through Hotwire, and I didn't have the name of the man I spoke to, they would not refund the money. They admitted it was a training issue for them, and their person at the front desk made an error. Hotwire contacted them as well for me, and reiterated that the Madonna Inn will not work with me on this issue. I am being charged $701.04 for a 3 night stay in a room I never even saw!!! I am merely asking for reimbursement for two of the three nights which is 467.36. Extremely disappointing since I had to find another hotel and pay for that one as well. Not an easy task on parent's weekend when the entire town is already booked!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jane D
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

I get the history, the kitschy pink interior and its backstory; I could deal with the garish pink and gold because we were forewarned, although eating under what resembled a chlorophyll-starved version of the very hungry Little Shop of Horrors plant was unsettling.

We were there to celebrate friends' 40th wedding anniversary, and for the steak - a friend told me that the Madonna Inn steaks were the best he'd ever had, so off we went.

I can't deny it was good meat, properly done, the protein accompanied by a gold foil-wrapped 'baked' potato, improperly done. That plate (prime rib) cost somewhere around $75 per, and in the opinion of all, wasn't worth the around $600 experience. We've had better meals and and more pleasing atmospheres for both more money and less. On the plus side, our server was amiable and efficient.

2 stars just for the hunk of meat.

Date of stay: September 2018