1,840 results
All reviews rock shower copper cafe themed rooms over the top caveman room rock walls different theme pink champagne cake gold rush steakhouse kona rock men's restroom heated toilet seat love nest bucket list filet mignon one of a kind dance floor
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Theme rooms definitely make a reservation! Different themes make each visit unique. You get to choose your room when you make your reservation and upon check in gives you a postcard with a picture of the themed room. The staff is awesome answering all questions and making sure you know where everything is . The property is large.
The pool is amazing , jacuzzi and poolside bar. The heated pool sets at the top of the hill allowing an amazing view down the valley.
Dinner was at the on site steak house. I ordered the prime rib and it was huge when it arrived... 16 ozs. And cooked perfectly. Service and food stellar.
Bicycles are available for rent. Or take a walk and see the property so many cute things to see.
Property stays full so call as far in advance as you can

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I have driven up and down on the 101 for 45 years, but have never stayed here, I did this weekend and had a great time. Life is what you make it and I read the 1 star review and heard the same party. YES those people were rude but all drunk people are. Could the hotel have done something???? you can't reason with a drunk. Enough on that

I had such a great time I was in LA all week on business and loved the stop over. I had one of the best rib eye stakes I have ever had in the Stake House and believe me I know what a good stake is. The Hotel /room was built in 1960+-, it is part of the reason you stay here, Taking a train is not a A380 First class but you take the train to have FUN. I loved the waterfall in the shower of the Rocky Mountain room, each room is different, the dinning room is pink, the place is fun. It is an event not a good nights sleep, I will do it again.

Room tip: each room is different, some are huge and some are normal size, cool place but it is NOT a holiday inn
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I had the WORST hotel experience of my life at the Madonna Inn Hotel this weekend. If I didn't know better, I would've believed it was a Motel 6. I've never written a review before, but am so angry I had to let people know of our experience...

There's so many things to complain about, but I'll keep it simple:
- There were people partying like a cocktail club all night long until 215am;
- The idiotic manager and security guard would NOT take simple action and kick them out after 5 calls - claiming "standard procedure" as an excuse;
- The walls are paper thin (as is the entire gaudy and tacky hotel decor) so I got 4 hours of sleep;
- To top it all off, the ridiculous design of the hotel has glass windows on the front door and (get this...) lights directly outside so that the light shines directly into your bed. So good luck sleeping without an eye mask. Of course, the night manager had only "sorry" to say about this one, as well.

All in all. Save your $300. Go to Motel 6 and pocket the $250 for the equivalent experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2018

My wife and I attended our friends' wedding at the Madonna Inn this summer. The property was able to host all of festivities - rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, late night activities, and Sunday poolside brunch. It was a blast. The inn's unique theme rooms offer a variety of fun options. We had the "Old Fashioned Honeymoon Suite." The decor was colorful (especially the bathroom) and luxurious. Thanks to the food served at the reception I was able to sample a wide swathe of the pastries and cakes they are famous for. Skip the rest of the food. Stick with desserts and alcohol. The mountain hike off the trail head nearby will help you burn off the excess calories. Downtown is within walking distance, so don't let the fact it's not in the city bother you.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Madonna Inn is worth a visit as a tourist attraction, it has taken “romantic” decoration to the extreme.
It attract guests who want to celebrate on guests on a romantic getaway, which is a bad combination with the paper-thin walls. We could hear everything that happened in the neighbors room and they had a large group gathering until 2:30 at night, followed by very loud “activities” in bed. These “activities” took place in the afternoon, at night and in the morning. We got very little sleep that night and I am happy that we did not have to explain to children what was happening next door.

On top of that, prices are too high, so I can not recommend this as a hotel, but maybe as a place for a dinner just to enjoy the decorations.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple