All reviews holiday inn express front desk hi express cal poly other hotels beds were comfortable stayed here for one night downtown slo clean hotel short stay we've stayed would stay here again hot breakfast short drive farmers market cookies hot tub
Reviewed 19 August 2018

The staff was friendly and allowed us to check in early. The room décor seemed a little strange with the wall behind the bed covered with photos as was part of the ceiling. Our room overlooked the pool which was nice, but a little noisy in the evening. Would stay here again but request a higher room or away from the pool. The free breakfast had many options. Our room had a mini refrigerator but it didn't seem very cold and there was no freezer.

Room tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one away from the pool
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I brought my family to San Luis Obispo for a soccer tournament. We checked in late and were so fortunate to have Hamed take care of us. He gave us better service than I have had at the Ritz Carlton. Absolute, unparalleled service. Thank you Hamed. Definitely recommend!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Clean hotel, we stayed at the suite on the lower level. Great customer service! It was only lacking a refrigerator. Front desk receptionist provided some great ideas for our visit even though we had not inquired about them.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I like this Inn. We stay there often when we go to SLO. They are trying hard to modernize. It’s clean and comfortable EXCEPT one big problem that we solved. This review is for other guests because the Inn perhaps won’t change this.

The in-wall AC units have newly created wooden decorator boxes over them that basically cut off the AC. When we arrived on a 100 degree day, the room was 76. It took two hours of AC to drop to 74. We completely removed the decorator box and it immediately dropped to the desired temperature of 68.

Not only was the beautification box around the AC not particularly attractive, the vents were on front instead of the top were the unit blows cool air. So the air basically just recirculated around the inside of the box

We told the front desk who took a note. Interesting to see if the ridiculous boxes are still over the AC units when we next stay there. In my experience input in most hotels is met with a shrug.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed 8 July 2018

My wife and I stayed here for one night as part of our trip down the PCH from San Francisco. The room and bed/pillows were comfortable and spacious and had some artwork on the ceiling and wall which was neat, it was quiet with no road noise, clean and with a small balcony with chairs, free parking onsite and also apparently had a guest laundry on the premises (although we didn't use this). The staff were friendly and welcoming and also told us about a local Farmers Market only a few minutes walk away or via the local bus. There was a self service restaurant onsite included with the room which included pre made cooked food and cereal options which were ok for our purposes and for a one night stay. I have no hesitation in recommending for the price and would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Allison D, General Manager at The Kinney San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hi Simon,

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express in San Luis Obispo. I hope you enjoyed the farmers market in town. It is always a wonderful evet with great food and music. I really appreciate all of your wonderful feedback and I am looking forward to sharing your comments with the staff.

Allison Costelow