All reviews front desk cal poly upgraded to a suite yogurt other hotels beds were comfortable downtown slo stayed here for one night the breakfast area close to downtown housekeeping staff we've stayed would stay here again short stay hot breakfast short drive cookies
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I like this Inn. We stay there often when we go to SLO. They are trying hard to modernize. It’s clean and comfortable EXCEPT one big problem that we solved. This review is for other guests because the Inn perhaps won’t change this.

The in-wall AC units have newly created wooden decorator boxes over them that basically cut off the AC. When we arrived on a 100 degree day, the room was 76. It took two hours of AC to drop to 74. We completely removed the decorator box and it immediately dropped to the desired temperature of 68.

Not only was the beautification box around the AC not particularly attractive, the vents were on front instead of the top were the unit blows cool air. So the air basically just recirculated around the inside of the box

We told the front desk who took a note. Interesting to see if the ridiculous boxes are still over the AC units when we next stay there. In my experience input in most hotels is met with a shrug.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed 8 July 2018

My wife and I stayed here for one night as part of our trip down the PCH from San Francisco. The room and bed/pillows were comfortable and spacious and had some artwork on the ceiling and wall which was neat, it was quiet with no road noise, clean and with a small balcony with chairs, free parking onsite and also apparently had a guest laundry on the premises (although we didn't use this). The staff were friendly and welcoming and also told us about a local Farmers Market only a few minutes walk away or via the local bus. There was a self service restaurant onsite included with the room which included pre made cooked food and cereal options which were ok for our purposes and for a one night stay. I have no hesitation in recommending for the price and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Allison D, General Manager at The Kinney San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hi Simon,

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express in San Luis Obispo. I hope you enjoyed the farmers market in town. It is always a wonderful evet with great food and music. I really appreciate all of your wonderful feedback and I am looking forward to sharing your comments with the staff.

Allison Costelow
Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo/Cal Poly
FAX: 805- 541-4698

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

So we came down to SLO for our anniversary and birthday for 4 days. A family member got us a few nights on her points as a gift. We then bought another night because we enjoyed our stay so much.
The staff and customer service was superb. The rooms were perfect and clean and the hotel was wonderful. Breakfast in the morning, a nice hot spa. We were taken care of immaculately. Courtney especially, the main front desk girl was so wonderful. And Stephanie, a manager, helped us as well. I had flowers delivered every day. The girls made sure not only that they came to our door at the time we asked, but also held our flowers in their fridge while we enjoyed our last day after checkout so they wouldn’t die. They accommodated is in every way, and felt like we were at home there.
I definitely recommend this hotel for any time you decide to stay in San Luis Obispo. Great price, clean hotel, breakfast, and amazing customer service.
From two happy guests,
Hollie and Taryn

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Hollie and Taryn,

Happy Birthday and Anniversary! We are honored you chose to celebrate with us here at the Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo and loved it so much you even extended your stay. It is truly rewarding to share your lovely review with the entire team. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We hope to see you again.

Allison Costelow
Holiday Inn Express San Luis Obispo/Cal Poly

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Let me begin saying that the staff at the Holiday Inn Express were great and very professiona. Myself and other Coworkers stayed here for 4 weeks for training and we had absolutely no complaints. They made our experience here very memorable. One specific employee named Steff helped us a lot! It was our first time visiting SLO and she made us feel welcomed and like home. She was very helpful with recommending places to go eat and explorer after our training. I highly recommend for anyone visiting SLO to stay at the Holiday inn Express. The rooms were clean and the complimentary breakfast was good. If I could give this hotel 6 stars I would.

Thank you Steff and thank you Holiday inn employees.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Amy S, Manager at The Kinney San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a wonderful review of our hotel. We take pride in the level of service we provide to our guests, so we are thrilled to hear that Steff was able to take care of you throughout your stay. She is truly one of our best.

Please give us a call whenever you are ready to visit San Luis Obispo again!

Acting General Manager
Holiday Inn Express, SLO

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I have been to the Holiday Inn Express 3 times in the past year and every stay have been excellent. This last time was no exception. On my first night I called to tell them my flight was delayed and would be late, I didn't get there until 2:30am. The night manager said he was worried something might have happen to me. He asked if I needed any a muffin, OJ, or cookie, then said that he had booked me a room that only had 1 person next to mine so I wouldn't be bothered in the morning. Wow!
The next few days have been equaly pleasant. Tonight I needed to fax/email some important information back home, Braidon Esquibel said that was no problem and sent it for me. Braidon is always friendly when I come in the hotel entrance with a friendly smile and "hello sir"!
If you ever come to San Luis Obispo, CA, stay at Holiday Inn Express, friendly staff and comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: If you come in the spring of 2018 asked to stay on the 3rd floor the rooms have a picture collage on part of the ceiling and 1 wall.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 515bradl

We are thrilled that you enjoyed another wonderful stay here at our beautiful hotel. Our staff is truly excellent, so we are happy to hear that we were able to provide the level of customer service our guests have come to expect.

Please give us a call whenever you are ready to stay again.

Acting General Manager