All reviews petting zoo clean restrooms camping spots rv camping fellow campers pool and hot tub the bob jones trail cookware leash
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Great family getaway. Lovely pool, clean bathrooms and camping spots. A little bit close to other campers but still comfortable. Great family movie nights on the sand! I was initially concerned reading other reviews but we had a great holiday! Just down the road from great beach and cute petting zoo also! Staff were also very friendly and welcoming!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Management here is the worst. Extremely rude and dishonest. Wouldn't spend a penny here! Debbie "manager" is the most unprofessional person ever and I will never do business with this establishment. Don't stay here.

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank Sheilah G
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We stayed 4 nights in a Park Model Cabin. The location is good - a short drive to Pismo or Avila, right across the street from the Bob Jones trail which is paved and shaded.

The cabin was okay. The separate bunk room for kids was nice, though the bunks were very uncomfortable and the top bunk had no railing so I was very uncomfortable with my child sleeping in it. Everything creaked - doors, floor, cabinets, beds. The windows are VERY heavy, hard to open and easy to smash your fingers in. Couch and queen bed were comfortable. Kitchen was well stocked with cookware, table and chairs provided. It was nice to have an actual bathtub for the kids - most campground cabins only have showers.

The pool was clean and heated, though only a few chairs in the pool area despite lots of room for more. Playground was fine, kids liked tetherball. Swings would be a nice addition. We arrived on a Sunday and there were no activities at all during the week. I understand not having activities mid-week during the off season, but it was June and the park was completely full. Seemed a little ridiculous. WiFi was not great, but pretty much par for the course as far as campgrounds go.

Overall, at $170/night, I definitely found it to be overpriced for what you get. Probably wouldn't return.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I thought this was an exceptional KOA and I have stayed at several. Although it's small (you will be close to your neighbors), there are some added landscaping things to provide privacy. There were a bunch of different activities, it's right next to the walking trail, next door to the mineral bath and very very close to both Pismo and Avila Beaches. I brought my little dog with me and I appreciated the leash free area. Although I am a smoker and this is a non-smoking campsite, they did provide a bench at the front of the campground for smokers. Great place, loved it!

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018

The location of this park is about all it has going for it. I was booked in this KOA for a week-long stay. When I arrived, I explained to the clerk at the counter that my small teardrop rig needed to be on a site that had flexibility in order for the sewer connection to be downhill from the front and not the back, which is common on bigger rigs. His response was I don’t know anything about RVs?!? A different person helped my get in the site they had but it required me to buy a different sewer hose. When I opened the sewer cap it was full of poop! I told the office and they said they would clear it for me. Yuck. It took me two more days to even try to hook up again because I was so grossed out.
The swimming pool was very nice and the public restrooms were OK. The laundry facility was overpriced and required a credit card. There was a lot of deferred maintenance like cabins that had windows full of cobwebs, chipped paint (including the picnic tabel at my site) and piles of landscape refuse in plain sight. . I was staying during spring break. I big rig came and partied for two days right across from my site. The staff let had all sorts of " published park no-nos" go on like loud music, outdoor clothesline, flags, you name it.
My site backed up to a forested hill. I noticed wet ground and assumed it was dew rolling off the hill because it was humid at night. The wet ground was where I stood to cook as I have a clamshell teardrop camper with an outdoor kitchen. Me and my dog had diarrhea the entire time we were there. The day before I was to leave, a septic tank crew starting digging up the ground behind my rig. The management never talked to me about it. I left for the beach but when I returned, the workmen had left butts on all over the ground, tools, and plastic bottles...just disgusting. I walked around the park and found people from the septic company and they told me there was a big problem and a leak in the pipes. I had been standing while cooking on a toxic septic leak the entire time...management was just waiting for spring break to end before dealing with it! To add insult to injury…still nobody from the management ever talked to me about the problem. My health was at risk and I should have been moved. When I went to break camp the next day, the sewer line from my rig did not drain down. I was so grossed out!! I closed the cap on the pipe and threw away the drain hose to avoid touching the crap (literally). I told one of the seasonal workers about my experience because the office was empty. As I was driving out, I saw the manager and he looked at me and then his watch...as I was about 15 minutes past check out time. Now I know why we had diarrhea. I should get a refund for this experience…and threat to my health. Yuck

Date of stay: April 2018