All reviews petting zoo clean restrooms camping spots rv camping fellow campers pool and hot tub the bob jones trail cookware leash
Reviewed 2 August 2017

The staff here are the rudest people I have ever encountered. They have no interest in offering a pleasant stay or customer satisfaction. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Anywhere else. This is the vacation my family has ever had due to our poor treatment. One star is too gracious for this place.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank linds347
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

What do you get when you cram too many RVs into a tiny lot? Overflowing garbage, no hot water for days, and a raw septic smell that permeates the air 24/7! Plus, as an added bonus, you get overly rude and cranky staff that know nothing about customer service.

The spaces are so tightly packed that you cannot open a slide out and your awning at the same time, so choose wisely. The staff take no responsibility for for actually managing the parking of RVs. There were some that were completely too long for spaces and sticking out in the roadway. When we informed the staff of that we were told by the manager "you should have seen on the website that they were tight spaces - we'll just refund you." I would have gladly taken a refund if it weren't the middle of July and every other space in the area were reserved.

The pluses were - nice playground for the kids, Bob Jones Trail access (out the front entrance as there is too much poison oak on the park's dog trail), and the Avila Barn is out the front entrance.

If you think that cable and wifi are usable then you would be wrong. The wifi didn't even attain dialup speeds. The TV was snowy and only about 12 channels.

Final word is that I would not ever recommend coming to this park. It is sad and KOA should rethink their affiliation with this management group as they are more than rude. Read all other recent reviews and you will see that the staff is a real issue.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KJ D
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Not a bad place to stay but the man checking us in was very rude. He spit out the rules and basically gave the impression like it or leave it. They should organize their sites a little better. Primarily the hook up!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2017

We asked for a pull through site, but we should've researched better before booking. We were at the site right next to the bathrooms/laundry room. I wish I'd taken a picture. So when we go out our trailer door there is the bathrooms right there. It would be really nice to have a fence separating this campsite from the bathrooms, so we could enjoy sitting outside the trailer without people walking back and forth constantly. Plus the bathroom door banging shut woke me up more then once, not only did I here that a lot, I heard the noise from the freeway right next to the campground-and we had a fan running for white noise, but I still heard everything.
The manager was nice and answered all questions we had. No campfires in the individual campsites, but two were near the pool/basketball courts. The pool and hot tub were nice, we went once after going to the beach. Avila and Pismo are real close, and we spent the majority of our days there. We will probably return, but ask for a different campsite.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Very nice camp site clean bathrooms and showers. Only down fall no fire pits what's camping with no camp fires for s'mores Not close to beach 3 mile hike which was very nice paved trail to beach you can catch a free trolley back to camp site or to different destinations in town! Kids loved it

Date of stay: May 2017