All reviews budget option minute walk clean rooms within walking distance downtown slo bakery furniture
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Two of us arrived late and the staff was so nice in helping us figure out parking, getting into our room, etc. Our room was very roomy with two beds and a large bath. There is a very cute coffee shop/gallery next door for a latte in the morning. Highly recommend if you are looking for a low key place!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2018

It's a little quirky. The motel itself is pretty basic, no frills, but it was fine for me as I as traveling alone. I was just looking for a clean and safe place to sleep. Things are a little worn around the edge, but it's just like my very lived-in home.

I also love that it's right next to the art gallery/bakery so you can just stumble next door to get morning pastries. And it's in walking distance to downtown. The location is just PERFECT.

I was blown away by the customer service of the proprietor though. I had car trouble. My car alarm was blaring and I could not figure out what to do (luckily it was the early evening and not the middle of the night!) He could see I was quite unnerved and helped me by disengaging the battery until AAA could come. He could see that I did not know what to do and he really went out of his way to be helpful. He really helped settle my nerves.

I met his wife and their two children. Such a lovely family.

I definitely plan on going back! I'm a little dismayed though because he said that the owners were planning on selling in the near future. That would be such a sad loss.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank CherylDee
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have stayed here a bunch of times over the last year. The on-site managers are super friendly. I made a mistake & booked my room on the wrong date. When I showed up they didn't have a reservation for me but the lady honored the rate I already paid and found a room for me. The place is clean and doesn't stink. Can easily walk downtown to restaurants and bars. Not a lot of traffic noise either, a pretty quiet place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 3 has a queen bed and a twin
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 10sLove93309
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Great, small family owned hotel. Nice, clean rooms. Close to coffee shops, bakeries, brewery and restaurants. Walk to downtown is easy. Very reasonably priced and convenient parking. Have stayed here multiple times and will continue to do so.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank XYZ1974
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Great location and walking distance to downtown SLO. Small and quaint, yet relaxing, clean, and comfortable. We called last minute and they were able to accommodate us. We will definitely be back again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple