See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Bugs, filthy faucets, tub so dirty I wore flip-flops to protect my feet, grimy walls, broken furniture, not even a cup to drink from. Carpet was scary looking. Door had clearly been kicked in a few times, as it was pieced together with an assortment of screws.

If it had not been late at night when I checked in, and were it not graduation weekend in San Luis Obispo (with very few vacancies in town), I would have moved right out.

Here's a sample of how little care they take of this place: The toilet paper holder was broken. Did they remove it and replace it with a new one? No, they just screwed another one on another wall within reach, leaving half the old one still on the wall.

Did I mention the bugs?

Also, I guess because it was graduation weekend, they raised their rates to match the three star hotels.

Room tip: GO somewhere else. This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen in the US.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Our room was so dirty. The carpet was disgusting, there was fingerprints and dirt all over the walls. We didn't even take a shower because the shower was so filthy. My mattress had a huge cut in it. Someone kept smoking all night and blowing it in our window. A lot of shady people hanging around the hotel. We did not feel safe! Worst place we've ever stayed in town!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2016

Arrived late into San Luis and needed accommodation, several places were fully booked but the Homestead had availability. I really should have looked around further. This place really is dreadful. The carpet was filthy, the skirting boards were dirty and the shower was something to behold. Paint coming off the walls and a dirty shower tray. Please nobody bother going to this place!

Room tip: I cannot recommend anything about this hotel.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clare B
Reviewed 16 October 2016

In every respect, this, so-called, motel is the absolute pits. Beginning with the the surly, incompetent check-in mope who couldn't locate our reservation (said the fax was broken), moving on to that promised breakfast that wasn't (said their supplier had failed to deliver the supplies), moving on to the useless wi-fi, you find that the worst part is the room; little better then a derelict flophouse, a dank, dark, and disgusting disgrace. They should be ashamed to list this sorry excuse as a place of public accommodation.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

After driving for hours on Christmas Eve i finally arrived at 1:30 am(Christmas day) which the hotel was aware of my late arrival... After 15 min of ringing the bell n calling, a man in boxers n wife beater stubbles out of a back room... i had pre paid the room, and my previous call explaining my late arrival i got a single key, no key chain, and only words he said was "room 19, check outs at 10" annoyed i go to tm 19 and the room hadnt been cleaned from previous guest... I LITERALLY THREW UP... furious i go bang on the office window, he said "sold out" appalled at him thinking id stay there, he said i had to call the next day for refund... NEVER EVER STAY HERE

Date of stay: December 2015