All reviewsfire pitdana pointparking feetrain noiseputting greenbasketball courtfull kitchenfront deskcomfortable temperaturesfood truckstayed dayspleasant hotelthe hotel's websitedoheny beachsouth orange countybusy roadlaundry facility
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very convenient and right off the highway. There’s complimentary breakfast, and they pick up groceries for you if you give them a list by a certain time. The staff are fun and very helpful!

The downsides are that it’s noisy in certain parts of the hotel, especially when the train passes, and the room doesn’t smell the freshest if the fridge has a bit of an odor. I’ve been in residence inns before that have used some type of air fresheners to mask that smell. An arm and hammer box in the fridge could help too...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jleung2213
Reviewed 27 May 2018

about 15 rooms were set aside for the bride and grooms guests to reserve. At 169.00night +15.00 per night for parking the price was good for what you got. Early check in was requested for some to be able to change before the rehearsal dinner and Marriott went above and beyond expectations. The bride and groom were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. Breakfast was numerous choices, waffles, fruit , hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, toast, bagels, and egg dish, and lots of very fresh coffee with vanilla or caramel flavorings as well as soy milk, cream, etc.
Rooms were very very clean, plenty of towels, and kitchen space with microwave, small stove, large refrigerator and dishes, bowls, silverware.
The bed was a bit soft for my liking, but I slept well. Yes, you are right off the freeway, and there is traffic noise, and train noise, but the windows close and are pretty sound proof with the air conditioning on. I did use the jacuzzi and pool..both clean and at comfortable temperatures.
Management walked the breakfast room in the morning and made sure everything was ok. Everyone was very friendly. No restaurant on site, so do a little shopping before you check in because there is no place within walking distance. The location is easy on/off the 5 freeway.
Shout out to Jessica ( I hope) who checked us in on Thursday afternoon...she was patient and went above and beyond to help with room changes. Carolina worked the desk Saturday morning and was pleasant and helpful with our room charges, as well as the charges we made for others in our party. Well done, Marriott...you helped make the wedding weekend a success!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2018

As with most Marriotts the staff was very nice and very helpful. The rooms were clean and very nice with plenty of closet room and drawers.
The parking lot was about 10 steps right in front of the entrance to the hotel yet we were charged $15 day for parking. When asked why there was a charge they said they had to compete with rates of other nearby hotels. So I guess that means that instead of raising their rate to what they really charge they wait for you to get there to spring the news on you.
Our room was very close to the Amtrak railroad tracks so the train came by blowing their horn quite often, Even early am. We saw the ear plugs on the night stand and quickly figured out what they were for.
One night they had a food truck come right by the patio. You purchased your meal and they provided the wine. I thought that was a very nice touch. I do not believe it is there all the time but we happened to be lucky to be there a night it was.

Room Tip: Ask for one not near the train tracks
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank familyfour85
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

I love this hotel. It is so pretty the rooms are spacious nicely decorated. A small kitchen twi huge windows and sitting area. The front desk staff are so friendly and knowledgeable and made me feel like family. I stayed 12 Days . The breakfast was ok and I wish they would get new coffee pots for the room. The have a great pool and hot tub and a little golf course. The location is great right off highway 5. I always stay here and definitely will go back

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Great room! Comfortable bed! Awesome location for the beach! Close to San Clemente Beach! The stafff provided EXCELLENT customer service! They warn us about the construction and train, gave us option on where we wanted our room to be! We stayed on the side with the train and it was not a bother at all! The staff gave information and maps of there area and advice on where to hike to whale watching! Now breakfast wasn’t that good, but everything else was Great! One more the internet was very good too!

Room Tip: Ask front desk about where the best room is!
Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo