All reviews mosaic restaurant front desk parking attendant free bottles of water walking distance light rail small hotel location is great convention center junior suite street noise an older hotel restaurants and bars an upgrade stayed here for one night per night self parking
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is located right in a downtown San Jose (which is a bit of a ghost town). It’s older and smaller than neighbouring hotels, which gives it a nice vibe. Rooms are ok—spacious, clean, but tired decor. However, my room #305 is right above a delivery entrance, and there have been truck noises and beeps at 6 am—not pleasant. Ask for a room that is NOT facing parking lot/Market St.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Randy Z, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi, thanks for your review. We're sorry that your visit wasn't up to par; we do hope that you'll consider choosing us again should your plans return you to San Jose.

Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I traveled to the Four Points for a work conference and was very happy with my room. I was close to the elevator and worried it might be loud but there was fantastic sound dampening. I slept very well and was never bothered by noise. My room was spacious, had a great bathroom, and plenty of closet and drawer space. The happy hour specials in the downstairs bar are also nice and the restaurant/bar overall has a calm, sophisticated vibe. I would definitely stay there again. The staff is also very accommodating and friendly. Nice location for public transit and relatively easy access too food.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We ended up here at the last minute because our Air B&B didn’t work out. We luckily got an early check in and we were treated as though we were long time customers. The front desk team was very friendly, when they heard about our negative experience they gave us free drinks at the bar. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant the next day; they were short staffed but still managed great service.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Convenient location for downtown San Jose (next door to the Fairmont, where the conference I was attending was held). Nice hotel, good value (for the night I booked, but I noticed that other nights were more expensive). Front desk was friendly. There was no bottled water in the room; when I checked out I noticed bottled water seems to be available at the front desk (but they did not offer it when I checked in). Did not eat at the restaurant so don't know,

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2018

The first room assigned to us was too cold! No way to change A/C from freezing us. They moved us once we complained at 11pm or so, half hour after arriving. Everything else was fine, breakfast was good, location excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple