Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
interesting, odd, one-of-a-kind

A museum dedicated to Egypt and Mesopotamia from a Rosicrucian point of view. Large statues are... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
mki112255
Los Angeles, California
Interesting Artifacts

The muesum is small but full of history, Mummies on display and a lot of Eygption Artifacts. You... read more

William S

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around San Jose
from US$205.00
from US$15.00
from US$115.85
More Info
All reviews ancient egypt tomb tour real mummies king tut rosetta stone burial chamber interesting artifacts on display great collection field trip rose garden two hours visiting san jose couple of hours silicon valley interesting place free parking
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place to stroll back in time and learn about the Egyptian culture. Grounds are really neat too. Expect to spend a little over an hour. I wouldn’t recommend kids under 8 years old...mummy could be scary.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We could have spent the whole day here, but in the couple of hours we had, we saw a top-notch collection in a beautiful space. The museum was bigger than I had expected. Sadly we didn't get over to the Planetarium. Towards the back of the property is the Peace Garden. An unassuming space that was kind of like stepping into a dream. I can't wait to visit here again.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've been to this museum a few times this year, both alone and with friends.

For when I've gone with friends, I've experienced with and without the guided tour. Both are cool, the guided tour is awesome -- the guides are very knowledgeable, friendly, and will answer your questions as best they can. There's also a portion of the museum about Alchemy, because the museum was built by the Rosicrucians.

When going solo, I've also enjoyed the exhibits and surrounding grounds at my own pace.

About the surrounding grounds -- the museum and related property sits on an entire city block. Outside there are statues, a water fountain, an Egyptian-oriented research library which is open to visitors [free], a meditation labyrinth, a Peace Garden, and is worth your time and camera.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Really like this place, but wish more of the items on hand were real instead of reproductions. I understand that ancient artifacts should be where they are from, but to go see reproductions, I'd rather just look at pictures of real items.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Beautiful displays of ancient Egypt and very interesting for all ages. Go in the early afternoon when the planetarium is open. Not too expensive for a family educational trip.

Date of experience: November 2018