Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$178
View deal
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
All reviews front desk los angeles rose parade rose bowl breakfast buffet diamond member restaurants and shops la area the hotel staff within walking distance underground parking excellent hotel would definitely stay here again beds were comfortable upon check pasadena wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

1. We prepaid our entire stay. But we arrived after 2 am (we already paid the night). The front desk let us wait in the lobby over 20 minutes because we arrive late and they can’t reinstate our order! Although the front desk staff upgrade our room, but we actually don’t need it.
2. The reception staff is really cold. They don’t smile. Honestly they are the worst hotel reception staff I’ve ever encountered.
3. Really old facilities
4. The cabinet door under the sink is broken, it dropped on my feed and caused a piece of bruise.
5. No one told us anything about what we should expect during our stay for pandemic safety.
6. When we arrived the parking lot, a staff member doubt our visit and said they have no record that anyone will come to the hotel at that time. Very rude.
7. This is the worst Hilton I’ve visited.

Date of stay: August 2021
2  Thank Traveler329811111
Tom Kubo, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles / San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Traveler329811111,

I'm disappointed to see such a negative review of our hotel, especially when many of the locals in the area know us as the "hotel with a heart". Our "reception staff" are some of the most caring people in the industry and have all been here for many years... Perhaps the mandatory masks that our team members must wear are the reason our smiles aren't seen and I'll be the first to say that we miss being able to smile at our guests.

If you aren't a frequent traveler, I can see how trying to check in at 2am could be a challenge since most hotels will close the day around that time to reset the systems for the next day, meaning any rooms that aren't checked in by that time, will result in a "no show" so yes, it could take some time to reinstate a reservation, especially a pre-paid one. To assist you in the future, you may want to contact the hotel you are staying at if you are arriving late so you can avoid a similar experience.

Finally, I'd also like to apologize on behalf of my "rude, cold and worst reception staff" for upgrading your room when you didn't need it. Shame on them, I'll make sure to address this with the team. Nevertheless, thank you for staying with us and wish you all the best in the future.

-Tom K.

Reviewed 6 August 2021

I don't typically right reviews as I typically don't have bad experiences. Typically if there's an issue I can sort it out with the hotel quickly and easily. This hotel is an exception.

I am a Hilton Diamond member and have previously stayed at the hotel multiple times and there was never an issue. The hotel met most expectations and would exceed in other aspects as well. Maybe it's due to COVID but this hotel is nowhere near the level it used to be.

The issues started at check-in when we were told that Diamond members do not currently get breakfast but get $15 per person per room (new Hilton policy I knew about). We had 2 rooms connecting rooms with 2 people in each room but they would only give a $30 credit. While this is technically the rule, most Hiltons will provide breakfast or credit to Diamond members if they are travelling with their family and have 2 rooms booked. We were told we could use the credit at the restaurant or in the small market in the lobby. The hotel does not currently have room service and the hotel has no bar to use the credit.

Since we weren't comfortable having breakfast in the indoor restaurant, we grabbed a few snacks and breakfast items each morning. At checkout, the agent informs me that the food and beverage credit could only be used at the restaurant and not in the grab and go pantry. He said there was nothing he could do and would not apply our credit to anything.

After reviewing the fine prints of the new Hilton's new policy, the policy clearly states that the credit can be used at the on premise market/grab and go pantry. I complained to Hilton corporate who then forwarded my message to a person at the hotel with the title of "Front Office Supervisor". I was again told the credit could not be applied and they sent me a photo of a small sign next to the market that said "gift shop". Despite the fact that the vast majority if not all of the items in there were food, they claimed "gift shops" were exempt from the credit. The picture they sent of the "gift shop" sign even included a sign next to it from the health department that displayed their "A" rating. I doubt gift shops get inspected by the health department. This still doesn't take into account we were told at check-in we could use the credit at the pantry.

Please beware of the hotel management if staying at this hotel. The hotel does not provide the level of service it used to and it definitely trying to take advantage of the current COVID situation.

1  Thank joecZ6537KS
Tom Kubo, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles / San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2021

Dear joecZ6537KS,
Thank you for being a Diamond Honors member. You are absolutely correct when you mention that maybe COVID has changed the way we do things, it has (we will be the first to admit it) and in fact it has changed the way most businesses operate. We are truly sorry for the reasons you were unhappy with your recent stay, although we are only following the Hilton policies with the new daily Food & Beverage credit for Gold and Diamond members. If other properties are giving double the credit then it puts hotels like us that are only following the guidelines in a bad situation. As for our gift shop, it has always been a gift shop and not a "grab and go pantry". And yes, the Los Angeles County Health Department does inspect "gift shops" similar to how they inspect grocery stores. By the way, we aren't operating our room service for the safety of our staff, but our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and yes, our bar has been open for about a month now so we are a bit confused when you mentioned it was closed. Nevertheless, thank you for staying with us during these challenging times. Hopefully this clarifies your concerns and review of your stay.
Tom

Reviewed 2 August 2021

I don’t know Hilton to be like this. There was hair in the tub also ants and spiders in the bathroom. We had to call for WiFi info and no continental breakfasts. The people at the front desk were very nice.

1  Thank Danelle M

Dear Passenger304750,
Thank you for your recent visit and review of your stay. On behalf of the hotel and team members, we are truly sorry for the hair found in the tub and the ants you experienced. We will be addressing this with our team to ensure that we do our best to prevent this from happening. Our restaurant menus have been modified due to the current situation and Hilton has changed the complimentary continental breakfasts for Gold/Diamond members to a daily Food & Beverage credit that can be used for breakfast, lunch or dinner for your convenience. If there is anything we can do to assist you in the future and to turn your disappointment around, please let us know. We have a very friendly team that is dedicated to assist.
Tom K.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

When we got there we supposed to receive the Honors privilege , but that didn’t happen, then when we got to the our room my wife find some pieces of broken glasses and did not want to move to another room and we let it go and next day si was finding more on the carpet. Saturday morning we went to order a breakfast the server was very nice and professional. My wife ordered eggs and sausage, at first they brought us the eggs and I asked about my pancakes and my wife’s sausages, they are coming I was told. We got the pancakes but no sausage. I told him the pancakes are to old. I was waiting more than 10 minutes, my eggs got cold, my wife did not want to wait for the sausage and eat the eggs. They brought the waffle instead the pancakes and they were made from the same old stuff.They offered to make me fresh eggs but we were to late to our appointment and left very unhappy. By the way I had to pay $10 a day for parking.And of course I paid for breakfast also.

1  Thank gamachine
Tom Kubo, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles / San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2021

Dear gamachine,

Thank you for your recent visit and thank you for being a Hilton Honors member. We are very sorry that you were not happy with your stay. Our records do indicate that you did receive all that you are entitled to as a basic Hilton Honors member. If there is anything that you feel we missed, please contact me and I will gladly look into it and do my best to make it up to you. Once you achieve Gold or Diamond status, you will receive more perks during your stay including a food & beverage credit. On another note, we do apologize that your breakfast experience was less than satisfactory, we will look into why your pancakes didn't come out the way they should have and will refund the meal accordingly.

The glass you mentioned on this review is something I would like to look into. We wish you would have brought it to our attention upon check out or when you were at the hotel so we could have determined where the glass came from and assisted you while you were here.

If there is anything that we can do to assist you in the future, please let us know.

Tom K.

Reviewed 9 July 2021

We recently stayed at Hilton Los Angeles in San Gabriel. We choose this location because it is located outside of downtown LA and near freeway for the ease of visiting places. Many restaurants and shops near the hotel was open so we could easily get things done, and we are very happy that we chose this location.

1  Thank emikito88
Tom Kubo, General Manager at Hilton Los Angeles / San Gabriel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2021

Dear emikito88,

Thank you for the great review and taking the time to share your experience at our property. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you.

-Tom K.