Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I arrived here late at night in a rain storm, and was kind of skeptical about the Motel and neighborhood! Could not have been more wrong. Desk people were helpful. Room was updated as much as you can on some older motels. Bathroom was kind of small, with the big door opening in, but minor. There is bowling alley across the street for a quick drink or something to eat. Very close to downtown and events.had a nice room with windows on 2 side so could open for a cross breeze. Quite, clean, good wifi. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 2nd floor on the end for windows on 2 sides.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Secondcrk
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Secondcrk,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how our staff efforts to provide a comfortable and convenient experience have been successful. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the bathroom as this will help us to continue to improve upon the guest experience. We're glad you had a good time with us and Our team will be waiting for your next return for another well-deserved break.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Wow Great value for price paid. I was greeted with a warm welcome from front desk,and a fast check in . My room was large and clean.In the morning I had a tasty Breakfast.What more can you ask for under 100.00

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Daniel A, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

My family and I drove from San Diego to Sacramento on a Friday and did not arrive at the hotel until about 3 am in the morning of Saturday. The check in was fast and easy and we were given our room immediately. Since it was early the morning, we did not have time to check the condition of our room but just rested. Prior to sleeping, I did wash my face and the first thing I notice is that there were some black stains on the white towels that were provided to us. I then went to bed and the noticed a brown stain on the white sheets. Although, I do find this unacceptable, it was not going to be a breaking point of our stay. When we woke up the same morning, I noticed that the bottom of my feet was extremely dark. I stepped in the shower to wash off the stains and as I was getting out of the shower I notice some sort of feces and blood stains on the sides of the toilet. I told my boyfriend who was still in bed about the stains on the toilet and as he was getting up he saw his feet were dirty as well. We finally figured out that the carpet was so dirty it literally left a stain on our foot. Again, this was not a breaking point on our stay. We went to the front desk and requested if somebody could clean our room since there were stains on our bathroom. The manager insisted to see the stains and went inside our room. Once he got in our room, we pointed to him the feces and blood stains on the toilet and the first thing he says is, “No wonder. It’s all the way in the bottom. We can’t clean the bottom. We can’t see it.” I was amazed that he would even give an excuse why there are feces and blood stains in the bathroom. The manager then looked around the room and got upset with us because the comforter on our bed was on the ground. I showed the manager my foot and ask him if he was upset because his carpet was so dirty and that it would leave a stain on our foot. The manager again made an excuse that they cannot clean the carpet every day. Here’s the breaking point, the manager then yelled at us that if we were not happy we are more than welcome to leave. I said, I would be more than happy to and would like the hotel not to charge us for the horrible stay. He said no problem. The manager then walked out of our room and we started packing. It was not until we finished packing that the manager came back and offered a different room. At this point, we were already packed and ready to go to another hotel.

I would like to add that on the website of this hotel states that there is microwave, fridge and coffee maker on the room. None of this item was on our room. On top of all that, the manager still charged us for the stay.

Room Tip: Check Reviews
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Dinahlynng

Dinahlynng,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing the issues that you indicated in an effort to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. I am sorry that your room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our maintenance and housekeeping staff. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

Made reservation for 2 queen non smoking. Arrived at 9:00 pm and all he had was a smoking king. Couldn't guarantee the room I requested. Definitely a blessing in disguise
because we left and went to a much nicer and cleaner hotel. The Indian man at the desk was rude and the place was nasty. The breakfast was served in the office which is the size of a closet. I wouldn't stay here if it was the last room in town.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Donna S

Donna S,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your
recent stay at our hotel. Sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations of quality
service, cleanliness and hospitality. We are already making reports about this so the management will be informed by this news. We are very sorry about your disappointment but rest assured, your concerns will be highly appreciated to better our services to our dear customers. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

Booking clearly states check-in from 3pm. We arrived at 3:10pm and the Indian lady who responded to the bell call could not speak any english. She then phoned her husband and passed the phone to me. We were offered one room immediately and another later as it was not ready. Arguing that they should both be ready, we were given the key to another room but found it was not made up. My colleague left a small bag of groceries in the room while we waited for it to be cleaned. When he was called back, the maid(s) had already divided the groceries up but we did get them back. The husband then arrived and allocated room a 2nd room. The rooms are OK but the advertised flat screen TVs are old CRT units, a minor issue. There was also a couple parked in the car park, unrelated to the hotel I think, selling old clothing from their car to passing traffic..There is much better at the same price or marginally higher.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank triple777uk

triple777uk,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and share your experience! I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. It's important for us to impress our guests and your comments will make this goal that much more attainable. It is our sincere hope that you will one day return to see how your comments have affected our direction in reaching our ultimate ambition of giving each guest a five star experience.