“Still the best Indian food around”

Mehfil Indian Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 498 Restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Used to go here 2-3 times a week when I could fit it in my schedule. I missed the buffett, mango lassi, hot chai, and the tandori chicken especially.
Such a good decision when I was having a hard time choosing where to eat.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We've eaten at the buffet three times in the last six weeks and it has been excellent each time. It's a relatively small buffet, but everything we tried was really tasty. The service was excellent and we really enjoyed the experience. We'll be back, probably within the next few weeks. Oh, and the price was very reasonable.

1  Thank AHIDAD
Reviewed 29 January 2018

When my host asked me where to eat, I suggested Indian Food and we went to this Restaurant. As there was a function in the restaurant, the host asked whether food could be packed. We agreed and brought the food home and ate it. It was good Dal Makhni, Roti and other vegetables. Away from home for a week I was not expecting Indian food and that too good.

2  Thank SatyendraGarg
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Went today, had the Saturday buffet and tried a variety of veg and meat dishes . Every dish from the aloo gobi(bland, cooked till mushy) to the chana masala( good texture, lacking seasoning ) was bland , lacking seasoning and flavor. I had high hopes with all the great reviews and was totally let down. The place was packed but this place does not live up to some of the other area places in sac metro or Bay Area .

Good: naan, the plain basmati rice, price , frequent water refills , clean bathroom($9 dollars and change), parking

Bad : food was lacking flavor and seasoning, chutney was watery, tandoori chicken dry as a bone, aloo gobi was mushy

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I suggest you go during the buffet. The service isn’t great. We were done with our first plate before we got our wine. The Chardonnay was like warm, and we tried to flag down the waiter for 15 minutes. The food is good, not great. The value was okay.