Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Edward
Clackamas, Oregon

Good location Fine basic nice room.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Aug 2022via mobile
Very good location near restaurants and civic events.
I took a pool view room to be away from street noise. The lobby was good size and inviting. Staff pleasant and helpful.
The bed was fine and my request for extra pillows fulfilled.
Drawbacks are no I room safe and the rooms could use a mild refreshing
Room cleanup is on a request basis unless staying for more than three days
For my needs it was a no d will be fine.
Date of stay: August 2022
Room Tip: I took an higher floor overlooking the courtyard for less noise.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 15 Aug 2022
Thanks so much for staying with us and glad you were able to experience the great location and amenities. We look forward to seeing you again next time travels point you in this direction. Until then, safe travels.
0.9 km from Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town
  • eDreams
3.1 km from Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town
View more hotels in Pasadena
1,050 results
All reviews rose bowl parking garage sink area self park restaurants and shopping front desk staff one night stay street noise love this hotel the room was nice bistro marriott lobby valet starbucks renovation microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2022 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel! It’s a two block walk to Old Town Pasadena with many diverse restaurants so it’s in a great location. Check in was fast and the receptionist was very informative and pleasant. The pool area is lovely, and visible from the lobby so it looks like an oasis. The atmosphere is relaxing and spacious. I was asked if we wanted an upper or lower floor. I asked for upper so it would be quieter. We were assigned a room on the 3rd floor that looked out over rooftops, but it was really quiet! It’s clean. Our bathroom sink was cracked. The place is probably due for renovation, the decor was somewhat outdated. But perfectly fine. The comfy loveseat with ottoman was very comfortable! Parking was great. We could enter and exit the hotel from our 3rd floor, so it was very convenient.
The only thing I’d ask to be improved is the breakfast menu signage. You get in line to order and see a menu of breakfast sandwiches and a few other things on a posted vertical stand. You order, start paying, then you see a different menu lying on the counter with a breakfast buffet listed. What??? So my husband changes his order, which slows the line. Please have the full menu visible to the people in line!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DrMFoo
Stephen Blaine, Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2022

Thank you so much for staying with us. Glad to hear the many things that our hotel and premium location have to offer. We appreciate the additional feedback on breakfast and will certainly take your comments into consideration for future planning purposes. Thanks again for staying and safe travels to you this summer.

Reviewed 12 June 2022

I'm not usually a stickler for regular housekeeping except when I expressly request it. So I did. The afternoon prior to the next day. But nothing happened. Don't know why. Just an apology. Room was OK. Bed good. But second floor isn't such a good idea because there's a ledge below. Try higher. Bistro was functioning and then some newly check-in guests inquired about dinner at 9 PM. I listened as they were told the kitchen was backed up, so no more service that evening. I walked by 45 minutes later and service was up and running. Staffing, I guess? Not much of a selection from their 24 hour food kiosk area. I came back at midnight and the best selection was a packet of tuna with crackers. You can self-park, but there's a cost. Pasadena doesn't allow overnight street parking without a special permit. Lobby area is roomy. and there's a patio with pool and additional seating. In Old Town. Walk to lots of places. Metro rail and bus service very nearby.

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank Zoom_Gotti
Stephen Blaine, Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2022

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and so sorry that your room was not service as requested. I am sorry that we fell short of that minimum expectation. While an apology is nice, a clean room was really all that you wanted. Thanks also for the feedback on restaurant hours and market selection. We do value your input and will definitely put that in the mix for future changes/additions.
Thanks again for staying and it did sound like you got to enjoy some of Old Pasadena which always has a lot going on within easy walking distance. Thank you again so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again next time travels point you in our direction.

Reviewed 18 May 2022

My son and I checked in to this hotel last Friday for a festival that was happening at the Rowe Bowl over the weekend. The prices seemed high, however I wanted something nice and close to the Rose Bowl. I am a Marriott Rewards Member and I figured this would be nice, even if a little over priced.

We arrived around 9pm. Check in was fast, however we were starving and anticipated getting room service for dinner that night. There is NO room service There is not a "real" restaurant. They have a bistro area that closes at 10, where you can order food and pick it up.

Once we got our room card, we were not told where the elevator was and walked in the wrond direction. Found one elevator in a back corner off a long hallway. Once to our room we did find another elevator (just one) closer to our room. It is very large hotel and two single elevators on opposite sides of the hotel was not sufficient.

The rooms are very outdated and were not up to the ususal Marriott standards. There was a floor lamp in our room that was only standing up because it was leaning on a chair. The little alarm/clock radio was not working. Everything seemed old and outdated. I spoke to another gentleman staying there that is an engineer and he said he and his wife were also very unhappy with the hotel. He also mentioned seeing several city permits that were expired. I didn't see those myself, but seems up to par considering the condition of the hotel.

It cost $1300 to stay there for two nights. Total price gouging. I am very dissapointed in Marriott.

2  Thank R0xannaD
Stephen Blaine, Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2022

Thank you for letting us know of the challenges during your recent stay. We do apologize if your room was any less than 100% in working order. We should have also better communicated with you about which one of our three elevators would have worked best for you. All have updated permits. While the city can get pricy during special events, we sincerely hope that you did enjoy the music festival. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 13 May 2022

Only one of the card keys they gave us worked. I tried to use the bad one when leaving the building while my girlfriend was sleeping. At 1am, when I discovered their mistake, they refused to correct the problem. I was furious because all of my belongings were in that room, including my medication (and my sleeping girlfriend). I suggested that I call the police to straighten things out, and then they threatened to call the police on me because my name wasn't used to book the room. What a terrible hotel filled with incompetent, deplorable idiots! Never again.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephen Blaine, Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

We were so sorry to hear about your situation. While it was certainly not our intention to have your key not working correctly, I am disappointed to know that it affected you and your stay in such a devastating way. 1:00 am in the morning is usually not the best time to have a situation like this occur.
The fine line between customer service (helping you get into the room) and protecting the rights of the registered guest (your girlfriend) are not ones that we take lightly. I am sorry that we did not handle it in a better way that made you feel that we respected your situation, while also helping you to understand why we could not give you access to the room without her permission. We appreciate you sharing your story.

Reviewed 4 May 2022

Had a great time in Pasadena. No complaints, staff were kind and professional, rooms were clean and well maintained. We will be returning next time we travel to the area. The location cant be beat, close to everything!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Stephen Blaine, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2022

We are so happy that your time spent here was enjoyable and thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. As you said, the location cannot be beat! . We very much look forward to your next visit and we promise you more fun and adventures in the future.