Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DCtraveller41
Washington DC, District of Columbia

Air conditioner did not work. No response from manager to concerns

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Apr 2024
I stayed at the hotel from 4/5 to 4/8 .

The air conditioner in the room I got (#546) did not work and the temperature was very high. I arrived after a long trip and had only a couple of hours to rest before a meeting I had to attend. The hotel mechanic could not fix the A/C and explained to me the Freon gas in my room as well as several other rooms needed replacement.

I had to repack my belongings and move myself to another room (#524). The whole ordeal took almost 2 hours.

This experience was very upsetting. I had no time to rest or take a shower and was late to the meeting. I did not expect such inconvenience in this Residence Inn where I always had good experiences.

These incidents should be prevented by mandating the A/C system in good shape.
I sent emails to both the General Manager Shannon Labbe and the assistant manager Faviola Martinez but did not get a response.
Very disappointing experience and poor costumer care and response.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: don't stay in rooms facing teh busy street
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
Free parking
Lobby
0.2 km from Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town
View more hotels in Pasadena
All reviews extended stay ping pong table front desk two bedroom suite rose bowl inner courtyard free breakfast the sofa bed memorial park marriott properties the location is perfect spent one night here body wash the hotel offers light rail large bathroom fresh towels
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2023

We rented two king studio suites for a family event. The room was exactly as we expected, roomy and efficient. Bed was decent but needing better mattress support, although it did not prevent a good night's sleep. We are loyal Bonvoy members and were generally happy with our stay.
HOWEVER. The Bonvoy reservation states alternative day house keeping, but during our 6 night stay we only had one visit by housekeeping. After checking with front desk I was told housekeeping is only every third day. They insisted my reservation confirmation was wrong even after I showed them the actual email. Someone needs to pay attention.
Also Pasadena's homeless problem is evident in front of the hotel. Better attention needs to be paid to this by hotel security. Like clockwork during breakfast, trees in front of the breakfast room were used as a toilet.
We'll be ack in two months, hope to see some changes.

Room tip: Breakfast get busy toward the 9:00 closing. Go earlier.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2023 via mobile

No A/C; room was full of noisy fans. No bar. No restaurant. Mixed service levels from the front desk. Rooms are functional. Cut a deal to check out early and find a different hotel. Far better choices close by. Reviews show the AC issues have been going on for months without resolution. Gym is good.

Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed 21 July 2023 via mobile

We have made 4 stays of a week or longer, at this hotel in the last 8 months. We won’t be going back. The problems that existed 8 months are still not fixed. This trip included 2 nights with no air conditioning. 1 night with a false fire alarm. 1 non working elevator. Their solution to no air conditioning was a box fan. They did nothing to make things right either. I could go on, but find another place.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2023 via mobile

It’s very hot outside and AC not working 3rd day in a row.

Front office can’t help except for apologising 3rd day and sending me old and noisy. She doesn’t know that this has been going on since she was away for a week! This information is not passed from the previoıs shifts !

There is no technical staff at night who can even have a look at the control panel and try to fix it.

I requested a room change and front desk claims there are absolutely no rooms available ! I doubt that, it’s a huge hotel and it doesn’t feel full at all.

I’m very annoyed. I’m staying for 2 weeks and paying more than 3300 usd. AC in California is not a luxury but a basic need if you want to have a proper stay and sleep.

Not so great mamagement from Marriott!

Room tip: Yeah ask if they fixed the AC before you pay.
Date of stay: July 2023
1  Thank GokhanOzkan
Joseph Alonzo, Owner at Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2023

We're sorry you're facing several issues during your stay. We are working diligently to maintain the above issues mentioned around the clock with our vendors. We are working to bring back the facilities that are being currently maintained as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. Thank you

Reviewed 27 June 2023

Pros:
Spacious room with kitchen, sofa, desk, and large bathroom;
Easy to walk to lots of restaurants in Old Town Pasadena;
Reasonable walk to Metro Memorial Park Station light rail;
I was able to have food delivered directly to my room by an outside restaurant;
Free Breakfast

Cons:
The free breakfast was mediocre.
No free bottled water was provided - I was told there would be bottled water in my room, but that wasn't the case.
Customer service varied in quality. I realized the day after check out that I left my computer charger in my room. When I called to try to get it back I spoke to a few different staff and only one appeared to have made any effort to see if it was actually in the room. Twice I was hung up on by the front desk staff. I don't know if that was an accident, but they didn't bother to call back. It was my mistake to leave it there, but I was disappointed that they didn't help.

Notes:
Interior room on the 3rd floor was pretty quiet, but the pool, ping pong table, life-size chess, etc. were just outside on the 2nd floor, so I may have been lucky.

I saw a room at the Courtyard across the street and it was much smaller.

Date of stay: June 2023