Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Beverly K
Simi Valley, California

No more

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Jun 2023
I am disappointed to have to write this review. We stay here a few times a year . This last time we stayed the room was so worn out and stained I had to ask to change rooms. You can see it in the pictures. They are always very nice and friendly at the front desk but never have any upgrades . The hotel is showing a lot of wear and tear. We won't be going back. I have choosen I different hotel for my upcoming stay . So sad.
Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Joseph Alonzo, Owner at Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this review
Responded 6 Jun 2023
Thank you for your review and loyalty to our hotel. We're sorry for the inconvenience regarding the room that you were in. We have been running high occupancies and our courtyard rooms have been occupied with long stayers during your time of stay. We hope you will be assigned a better room on your next stay. Thank you once again for staying with us.
    HK$1,200
  • Booking.com
    HK$1,048
1.0 km from Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town
View more hotels in Pasadena
All reviews extended stay ping pong table front desk two bedroom suite rose bowl inner courtyard free breakfast the sofa bed memorial park marriott properties the location is perfect spent one night here body wash the hotel offers light rail large bathroom fresh towels
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2023

I booked this hotel for my friend through the Marriott phone number. Through this phone number, I was told that they could not use my credit card and wouldn't accept it, and my friend would have to use her card. When my friend showed up, they told her that they couldn't book it for her and said that they could book the hotel for her at double the cost. Please note that the Marriott reservation included her name on it. The next morning, they charged my card, which they said that they couldn't use for a "no show". I am challenging this charge through Chase. Be careful when staying at this hotel. In spite of Marriott's claim that the customer is number one, at this hotel that is not true.

Room tip: Stay away from this hotel. They give lousy customer service.
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jerrygroen
Reviewed 21 March 2023

Our family had a leak in our home and were displaced for about a month. After staying in 4 other hotels prior to the Residence Inn, we decided to choose the Residence Inn Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town for the remainder of our displacement.

Overall our stay was great! The staff, especially the morning front desk team, was very friendly to us, and our family was able to become very familiar with them. Our daughter even made some of them friendship bracelets! The rooms were spacious, and for the most part, quiet, and we took advantage of some of the amenities like the gym and free complimentary breakfast.

The only thing I would suggest improving upon would be the communication between the sales team and front desk, and front desk and housekeeping. There seemed to be some communication breakdowns between the departments. I'd also suggest that the sales team be more responsive to the guests when asked questions. I sent two emails and never received a response, and instead, had to also follow up with phone calls. That isn't the best business practice in a hospitality setting.

Other than those small issues, the hotel was clean, modern, and quiet. It was a great place for an extended stay with children. The location is perfect as its a VERY short walk to restaurants, bars, and shopping in Old Town Pasadena. Also, it's only a short drive to the Rose Bowl. God forbid we are in that position again, but if we are, we will certainly stay at the Residence Inn Los Angeles Pasadena / Old Town!

Special shout out to: Kayre (FD), Brianna (FD), Sebastian (Hskp), Danny (FD), Carmen (Hskp), Evelyn (FD), Katrina (FD), and Janet (FD)

Date of stay: February 2023
Reviewed 8 March 2023

The hard product at this Residence Inn is quite good -- great location with clean, modern and spacious rooms. We had the two bedroom two bath suite, which though pricey at around $500 a night, was great for our family and even better than connecting room options elsewhere. The beds and pillows were comfortable, and the showers hot with good pressure.
However, there were a number of disappointments with the soft product. We arrived late with a sick and very tired child, to find there were no linens in the room for the sofa bed. Moreover, the only person who could bring them up was on break for the next 20 minutes, and they wouldn't allow me to just come down to the front desk for them. These really should be kept in the room. Second, they have the large containers in the shower for soap, shampoo, etc., and once I was in the shower I discovered there were two shower gel containers, and no shampoo.
The breakfast by far was the biggest disappointment, probably one of the worst I've ever had at a free breakfast property. The big metal warmers where you usually find things like bacon, sausage, or scrambled eggs, were filled with breakfast sandwiches (see photo). Specifically, the type where you buy frozen and heat up in the microwave, and keeping them in those warmers makes the buns a bit damp and unpleasant. I tried one, the soggy bun was bad enough, but it became inedible when I bit into the middle to find it cold from not having been microwaved thoroughly. They also were out of plates, having only small bowls, and apparently could not go down to Costco or the grocery store to restock. They also had limited juice options.
I'm really on the fence on whether I'll go back to this property. The location and the large suite option make it hard to beat, but the failures from poor choices by management and lack of staff training make me want to try my luck elsewhere, particularly given the high cost.

Date of stay: March 2023
Reviewed 16 February 2023

This is a wonderful hotel. My only advice is to make sure you book a room on the inner courtyard pool side. The hotel is located on a very busy street. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday night the noise from cars with blaring music can be difficult to sleep through. At some point it would be great if they replaced the windows on that side with soundproof types but that is expensive. Our room was very comfortable, the kitchen had a full size range. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Their housekeeping staff is the best i have ever experienced. I know some people don't believe in leaving a tip for the housekeeping staff that clean the rooms. Please reconsider that and tip what you can. They work very hard cleaning up each room to a degree that goes beyond any i have experienced.

Date of stay: February 2023
1  Thank Navigate33658185880
Joseph Alonzo, Other at Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2023

We appreciate your review and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 September 2022

My experience at this hotel was terrible, because of the customer service from the staff. I never really stay at Marriott; therefore, I don't know the different membership levels.

When I checked-in the guy in front of me was handed two free water bottles. That same night, (12 am), I went to the front desk clerk to inquire about if the water bottles were free. The clerk named Carl was really rude to me, and looked at me like I was crazy thinking they were free. THE REASON I ASKED IS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE TO ASSUME, and I just was curious. He was saying "we have a store right next to us, you buy water there, why would you think we give it for free?!!?" Then, after being shocked how angry he was when I asked, I had another question. The question was if I booked a free breakfast or not, because I used my Chase credit card points and the email confirmation doesn't show if it's included + I booked this room 2-3 months in advance so I don't remember. This really set him off, because 1) he said (rudely) to look at my email confirmation because it's on there (when I told him again, I booked through my credit card points and it's not clearly stated), 2) he didn't even give me a clear answer if I had free breakfast or not (in my past experience with hotels, clerks can quickly look it up in their system). I left the clerk sad and felt really disrespected, because he talked down to me like I am a child. Appearance wise, I am a small Asian female who does get often mistaken as a 21 year old. I don't know if he thought I was just being a young kid messing with him, but I just had simple questions that I asked calmly and reacted calmly when he was being rude to me the whole time.

The next morning, I called the clerk who was working to please check if I had free breakfast, and the lady quickly gave me an answer, I did have free breakfast. Then, when I went downstairs to speak about my horrible experience last night, another lady clerk explained that different memberships for Marriott gets free perks such as free water bottles. But then she got defensive that I had a bad experience, and didn't even apologize. She said she will relay the message to the manager, but I don't know if it ever happened.

Marriott on Pasadena, PLEASE get your staff respecting all people especially when they are just inquiring about simple questions. I was really shocked that I was treated this way, and I don't normally write horrible reviews, but this was one left me crying because he made me feel like I was literally stupid.

Date of stay: September 2022