“Mostly good food and acceptable service”
Review of John's Restaurant

John's Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 356 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The food is good for the most part and the portions are big. Avoid the fried chicken (dried out) and anything with tri tip, it is heavily Cajon Spiced yet they do not tell you this on the in the description. The chicken tenders are very good and the wraps and salads are incredible. Onions rings and Fries are also very good here. Again most of the food here is really good but just with a few that do not make the cut.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Hairycalgrad

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I had missed this restaurant during my visits to Palm Springs for many years. Very convenient location just north of downtown Palm Springs, simple menu for most items, good sized portions for the Chinese Chicken Salad. Tasty dressing and ample amount of chicken.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We found this place on tripadvisor and decided to go there for breakfast, as we were staying at a hotel nearby (the 7 Springs inn&suites is literally less than 2mn away walking from the hotel!). It was so good and cheap we decided to go the other morning before we left!
I ordered the 2 mornings the plate of 3 chocolate chip pancakes. The two mornings I couldn’t finish more than 1.5 of them! They kindly give us a box to go so I fortunately could keep my delish pancakes for the next day of our road trip!). The plate was like $5.50…! You pay at least $15 in LA for this ! Amazing… they were so so good, I still can’t get over it!
My bf ordered biscuits&gravy the first day (very very big portion as well) and a burrito the second day. Cheap and delicious as well….
The staff was lovely. Good service, they refill your coffee all the time. We loved it! Highly recommended and even if you’re further away, there is a parking so you can drive there. Do not expect a glamorous place. It is a kind of old school diner type restaurant, with a lot of locals, you also have to order at the counter. Worth it so much!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Cheaper than the places on the main part of the strip but not too far away.

The food was OK, good portions but nothing special. You order at the counter and they bring it over. We shared a Country Scramble and I had a short stack of pancakes, this was plenty of food for a breakfast for two.

Much less touristy than Ruby's Diner and where the barman who recommended it said he goes for breakfast. This rings true as most of the other people did not seem like tourists on face value.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 May 2018

This is a good place for a meal anytime of day. Big selection on the menu. Food is well prepared, inexpensive. Staff is nice. You order and pay at the counter, and they bring your food to the table.

Date of visit: May 2018