“Expensive Tour but Worth It”

Palm Springs Modern Tours
Ranked #12 of 26 Tours in Palm Springs
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Touring the modern homes was definitely the highlight. Price points from $900K to almost $4 million. Good information on the area and highlights of the homes he drove us by.

Date of experience: May 2018
in 3 reviews
"depth"
"insight"

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I had registered for the tour but it was cancelled less than an hour beforehand - advise checking in the day before to confirm. I was sitting at the A&D museum waiting for the tour to start when I received the email.

Date of experience: March 2018
7  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We took a tour with Robert Imber as part of a group at a conference. He is extremely knowledgeable about the architecture and is a Who's Who of Palm Springs. My husband, who is an architect, was very impressed with the tour and the insights that Robert offered. Robert is also very funny and we had a lot of laughs along the way. The tour was about 3.5-4 hours long and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I highly recommend Robert as a tour guide.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Dawn J
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Robert Imber has extensive knowledge of all things modern. His in-depth understanding of the architecture and its history is impressive.
He's passionate about the subject and makes his tours enjoyable and lively
We always try to treat our guests to a Palm Springs Modern tour. It brings the city's heritage to life!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Bon1111
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I love mid-century architecture and my boyfriend came along for the ride. It turned out to be not only my favorite activity we did in Palm Springs but his as well! That's how knowledgeable Robert is an how interesting this tour is.

I agree with other reviewers that you should try to book this tour at the beginning of your time in Palm Springs so that you have better context for exploring the city on your own afterward.

We also booked the afternoon slot, which turned out to be a great idea since you're in an air conditioned van during the hottest part of the day.

Date of experience: August 2017