All reviews mid century william cody happy hour poolside suite fire pit pool area the salt water pool modern hotel continental breakfast the main drag private patio frank sinatra free bikes restaurants and shops desert oasis palm springs experience fresh fruit
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Love this hotel! Quiet, quaint & retro adult hotel. It’s location is very close to everything. We walked to all the restaurants & shops. There are bikes available to take a ride on the many bike trails in Palm Springs. In the late afternoon the hotel has a happy hour with snacks & drinks. In the morning they had a nice continental breakfast. Very relaxing pool & great place to get away. Next visit to Palm Springs we will stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We stayed here after a spendy few days at the Parker and it was super cute. We got a room with an outdoor bathtub and fireplace.

Staff was so sweet and the happy hour was nice. Would definitely make this my go-to PS spot.

Room tip: Go for the room under the stairs.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lars V, Owner at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Hi Applerochez.
thank you so much for staying with us at the Del Marcos and writing a nice review. My goal is always to make sure you get 5 star service and value. I was hoping you could email me directly and let me know if you have any suggestions how we can improve to get a 5 star rating out of you.
Lars.viklund@psboutiquehotels.com

Reviewed 6 September 2018

My partner and I stayed here over the holiday weekend and we really loved it. When we arrived the staff (Steven!) made us feel welcomed, they showed us to our room and gave us some tips which was great. We had one of the smaller rooms Las Palmas Room, but we thought it was perfect, on the second floor you have a nice view of the pool and can go out your door down to it. Comfortable bed, clean room. Enough space for 2. Also great it's an adults only hotel, so no kids splashing around the pool. At 4pm they host a nice happy hour including coming around the pool area with a special drink of the day. Nice touch! The light breakfast in the morning is perfect to start off your day. We had a great time staying here and look forward to returning. When we checked out we had a nice conversation with Robert, super nice. Thank you Del Marcos!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lars V, Owner at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear NikT22
Thank you so much for staying at the Del Marcos. We know there are so many great boutique hotels and we are honored you chose us! We are so happy you had a nice time and thanks for the nice review and esp for mentioning Robert and Steven...they were both thrilled.
Hope to see you again in sunny Palm Springs.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

ahhh... was the only thing I could think of when the reservation lady politely said - " this is an adult resort" - please no children under 18 years old - now don't get me wrong - I love kids and I have 2 very wonderful children but now that they are grown and out when I vacation its nice not to be by the pool with " Marco and Polo " if you know what I mean - add to this that there are no cell phone conversions allowed poolside this make the Del Marcos truly a relaxing get away - walk or use one of the complimentary resort bikes to the main shop and restaurants of down town Palm Springs along Hwy 111 - or get snacks and adult beverages and simply stay poolside or on your balcony and enjoy ! when you stay here you're close to everything but a world away in this charming resort - quiet n hip n cool retro style rooms and lobby - nicely done morning continental breakfast and coffee bar - friendly people and warm desert sun - can it get any better ? - ahhhhh ! ... at least not for me !

Date of stay: November 2017
2  Thank GDToGo123
Lars V, Owner at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Garrett.

Thanks for staying with us and for the nice review. Please let me know what we can do better to get this up to a 5 star rating. If you get a chance, email me at Lars@delmarcoshotel.com

owner

Reviewed 27 August 2018

When deciding accomodation in Palm Springs, it can be easy to be led astray by more bigger resorts - especially if you're easily seduced by the insta-famous joints.
However, in my opinion, it's places like Del Marcos, which truly encapsulate the spirit and history of Palm Springs.

This is a boutique hotel, that's for adults 21+, so you can expect a quiet relaxed environment. I think it automatically attracts a mature and respectful clientele.
Now, I know, adults can be more noisy than kids after a few happy hour drinks, but during our stay we found the other guests to be respectful and just as chilled out as us.

The rooms are fantastic. Staying in summer, I can vouch for the power of the AC, and was thankful for the cool terrazzo flooring. The rooms are really well appointed and the interior design is super fun; retro meets modern. We even had an outdoor bathtub in our room, which was a pool side bungalow. The space had a seperate bedroom, loungeroom and kitchen which made us feel at home - nothing worse than being stuck in a pokey hotel room. The kitchen had everything we needed; we cooked dinner there one night.

The pool and lounges are great; they play retro 50s music gently in the background which is a cute touch and instantly sets the retro holiday tone. Guests are asked to not take phone calls by the pool, and use headphones if you want to listen to your own music. I really appreciate these little gestures.

Breakfast served daily is basic and quaint, but all that you need.
Happy hour in the afternoon.
All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.
Everything is spotless and laid-out.
And you're so close to the mainstreet.

All in all, I highly recommend Del Marcos - it was perfect for us. The only downside during our stay was they were renovating the sidewalk, which meant the parking was not avaiable, but there was plenty of onstreet parking, and it's a very quiet street, so it was not a big deal.

Date of stay: August 2018