All reviews sweet life steam room social hour other guests west wing roma suite happy hour owners and staff new friends make your own waffles gay men quiet neighborhood continental breakfast cocktail hour each morning hot tub desert paradise
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

A little slow getting this posted, as it has been a few weeks since my visit, but I always enjoy staying at La Dolce Vita while visiting Palm Springs. I love the choice of two pools and the new owners are making an investment in much needed updates to the rooms. I don't think you'll be disappointed either!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Matt K, Owner at La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review Ron. We are happy you are enjoying and noticing all the work we are putting into the resort. It is an act of love. We are nearing the end of the renovations and the new landscaping has begun. We hope you make it back soon to enjoy The Sweet Life with us. Thanks again.
Matt, Robert and the whole LDV team

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Loved the Hotel, loved the Ambience, Location, and Room. PS this time of year is Beautiful, and the Hotel is in a great location within a mile or so from Downtown, and bars, and restaurants. The Drag Show at Oscars is amazing, and Gypsy , the MC was the best. Sherman's deli is a great place for breakfast of lunch, or just grab a picnic setup anytime. Ruby's is a great 50s diner, and tons of other great locations to people watch. Thai Smile was excellent, we ate dinner there twice, and loved it.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for spending your Honeymoon with us Douglas. Palm Springs is great almost any time of year. That is why we want everyone to enjoy The Sweet Life with us. Thank you for the great review too. Hope to see you again soon. Best to you,
Matt, Robert & the whole LDV team

Reviewed 30 October 2018

I've stayed here at least 30 times throat the years, and since the new owner has taken over and started renovating, it really has improved. I stayed in a new room and its fantastic. Modern, Light, clean, and bright. Check it out. I do think they can improve the breakfast a bit as it has been the exact same for years!!! ;-)

Room tip: any poolside room is good
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matt K, Manager at La Dolce Vita Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Thank you Jon for the review! We are so glad you love the guestroom updates as much as we do. Now that we have completed our guestroom renovation - we will move on to the lobby and guestroom. We hope to see you again soon!

Best Wishes,
Matt & the LDV Team

Reviewed 30 October 2018

I can't say enough good things about this place! I needed some time away from the day to day stress of my job and found the perfect place to completely unwind. Situated away from the main roads, the resort is quiet and very laid back. With a choice of two pools, plus the hot tub and steam room, not to mention the availability on site of the Men's Spa, it was for me, the perfect place to unplug from the world for a few days.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you Keith for the lovely review! We are so happy you found our little slice of heaven. You said it perfectly, our location in Deep Well provides guest with peace and quiet while only being 5-10 minutes away from the bars and restaurants found downtown.

We hope to see you again soon!

Big Hugs,
Matt & the LDV Team

Reviewed 26 October 2018

La Dolce Vita was a great find in Palm Springs. The property is older - a typical example of Palm Springs mid-century construction, with tile bathrooms and tile kitchen counters. However, these features have been well-maintained, and management is well along in in executing its renewal plan. I had a one-bedroom apartment which was very clean and newly decorated with functional, but smart furnishings. During my stay, the staff replaced older pool furniture (which certainly was not decrepit) with new modern furniture (chaise lounges and tables), and I noticed that they completed redecorating several other rooms. I understand that in the coming weeks the tiling around one of the pool areas will be replaced (the main pool area apparently has been renovated, as it is quite beautiful). The work was not disruptive or noisy in any way, and in no way did it diminish my experience.

One thing that stands out at this property is the service, which is excellent. I travel frequently, both in the U.S. and throughout the rest of the world, and I have stayed at budget properties and at the very best 5-star properties. I was very surprised at the high level of service at La Dolce Vita, and I think it exceeds by a wide margin the service at comparable properties. The staff checked in with me each day to ask whether I needed anything. When I did need something, they provided it promptly and followed up to ask whether I was satisfied. Staff members seem to enjoy working at the resort and strive to provide excellent service. I definitely look forward to staying at La Dolce Vita again.