“HIGHLY recommend this amazing joint!”

Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 481 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S Glassell St
Description: GABBI PATRICK is dedicated to integrating moderngastronomy with the indigenous and traditional recipes of Mexicancuisine. In her pursuit of preserving the rich culinary heritage ofMexico, Gabbi has adopted an eco-gastronomic approach in herinterpretation of “Old World” recipes. Her passion and vision arereflected in every detail of her craft, from supporting local farmsto her extensive travels throughout Mexico.
Reviewed 26 July 2022

We are from Vegas and very familiar with good food and service! Our servers were both on point with our orders and the food was amazing! Look forward to coming back soon :)

Date of visit: July 2022

Reviewed 13 April 2022

The food at Gabbi’s has always been delicious. I absolutely LOVE the shrimp enchiladas and the creamy poblano sauce it is smothered in. I used the sauce for chips and to dip my flour tortillas, and my queso fundido. SO good.

The fundido was yummy, but was a little spicy due to the chorizo. The chorizo used to be an add-on (as were mushrooms), but now they are both in the fundido automatically. Very good, but pricy and spicy. My son could not eat it.

My wife got shrimp tacos and liked them. She did say that she wished she got the shrimp enchiladas too.

We got chocolate churros and they were yummy too. I was really full from the enchiladas and the fundido but I had to. The chocolate churro was a fun touch.

Service was great. It was quick and the server was solid. Answered all questions thoroughly. Hostess was really nice too. I think it was literally her first or second day working there.

We had a really nice lunch at Gabbi’s. Hadn’t eaten there in about 10 years, but while the menu changed a lot, the food was still excellent.... ESPECIALLY the enchiladas de camarones (shrimp).

Date of visit: March 2022
1  Thank hilo88
Reviewed 8 January 2022

The food was expensive but good. It was $18 for my two tacos at lunch, drinks are about $12. Our server did a fine job, and we had a nice meal. When the bill came, I lost it. I was extremely disappointed that a Michelin Star restaurant would feel the need to add a "Kitchen Appreciation Fee" to the bill. I had to Google it to see what it was. Basically, it's an added fee that supposedly goes to the kitchen staff to subsidize low wages they are being paid. Are you kidding me? This place is busy and has high prices. They don't want to pay their employees a decent wage and are passing it off to their customers. SOOO shady. Most people probably wouldn't even notice it. It's an extra 3% of the bill. SO WRONG! I did not pay it and will not return.

Date of visit: January 2022
5  Thank janeh340
Reviewed 30 September 2021 via mobile

One great find at this restaurant is pozole, a green soup with clams, hominy corn, shrimp, fish, and raw avocado. The green in the soup comes from the grinding of Serrano chili and green tomatillos. The background taste of this soup is a tasty, seafood stock. It’s very, very good.

I would usually come to this restaurant and order one soup for there and two orders for to go. Today, what I got was this same soup with the fish, shrimp, and everything else but the soup stock was basically water and some lime juice. They managed to put in a clam that didn’t opened up also. (If I would be so bold to ask that the fresh arugula that is put on top of this soup be picked off of old, yellow leaves before putting them in for future orders.) Today, this soup was so void of any soup/stock taste that I managed the courage to ask if Gabbi (the owner) was in the house because I wanted her to taste it. They said she was away. Anyhow, the manager was nice enough to let me not have to take the two orders to go. I found out from the waiter that my portion was the last of the batch. I believe that what the cook was trying to do was enlarge the portion to cover all three orders. What made me curious was that what was added was not even stock. It was just straight water and lime juice. We’re they out of soup stock also? Ay yah, if you go and you want to order this soup, I recommend you go Thursday or Friday when maybe they had just made a new batch to get ready for the big rush.

Another item on the menu that’s very good is “quesillo en salsa verde” which is mozzarella cheese wrapped in panko crumbs and served with fresh, handmade tortillas. The portion is enough to share with two, even three people.

Date of visit: September 2021
3  Thank valentinanat
Reviewed 3 September 2021 via mobile

Ordered a variety of tacos - food was amazing. Drinks were great too. Consistent with other reviews, we were equally unimpressed by the staff.

Date of visit: August 2021