Lowest prices for your stay
HK$1,306
Fully refundable before Sat, 20 Apr
Hotels.com
HK$1,364
Fully refundable before Sat, 20 Apr
No prepayment needed
Earn rewards on eligible stays
Agoda.com
HK$1,364
Fully refundable before Fri, 19 Apr
Easy and fast booking
dcdude310
San Diego, California
My new favorite hotel chain. Too bad it’s SoCal only! :(
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Nov 2023via mobile
Great value. Perfect hotel experience. Best in a long time, actually. My must haves are usually under $200 and free parking. My nice to haves are free breakfast and electric vehicle charging. The ALO has ALL of that, and more! Maybe they should have called it the ALL Hotel? Super easy check-in and pleasant desk clerk. Large, super-clean room that was recently refurbished. Nice finishes. Wonderful king-sized bed, I slept like a rock. The list goes on and on.

Pro-tip: book directly on the website, start to click away and they’ll throw you an even better deal. It’s too bad they’re only in SoCal, or I’d stay more often. Better than my go-to Hampton Inn.

Location: right off the 5 freeway and somewhat convenient to Disneyland, if that’s your thing. There’s a cool bar called The Peel right across the street at the Hotel Fera, but I was too tired to actually get over there.
Date of stay: November 2023
    HK$854
6.3 km from ALO Hotel by Ayres
View more hotels in Orange
1,853 results
All reviews pancakes free parking potatoes free breakfast sausage art shuttle front desk staff beds were comfortable yogurt staff was very friendly and helpful great place to stay hot breakfast king bed ayres disneyland starbucks anaheim
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2023 via mobile

My stay at Alo exceeded all expectations! I had to stay for about 3 weeks to attend to a family member’s care at UCI across the street, and I always felt safe walking to and from the hospital. The property’s location was also a great perk being right off of the freeway, and is also within walking distance to Wendy’s, Starbucks, and a sandwich shop. The free breakfast, free parking, lack of resort fee and daily housekeeping provided a tremendous value. The computer/printer set up was also very easy to use when I needed to print a document. The property is also well-staffed and there was always at least one person at the front desk ready to assist.

The room also felt spacious and the fridge/microwave combo was a great help for my long term stay. I had no issues with the room setup.

The gym is small and the laundry is a bit expensive ($8/load) but for the price of the stay, these were small concessions. The pool area was closed during my visit as well so I can’t speak to that amenity. The elevators are small and slow, so if you don’t want to wait, I recommend getting a first or second floor room to easily take the stairs.

Overall I had a great visit and will definitely keep this property in mind for future visits to the OC!

Room tip: Elevators can be slow, so i recommend booking a lower level room to easily take the stairs.
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2023

When we arrived around 4pm, we noticed the toilet had not been cleaned. We gave it a flush and it quickly went from some smudges in the toilet bowl to a bowl nearly overflowing with the previous users excrement. We notified the front desk and they came to our room, knocked on the door, handed us a plunger and said it was the best they could do because they had no maintenence on site. They did offer that if it were still clogged the next day they could see about getting us another room since they were booked up that night. Thankfully we were able to unclog it rather than having to use a toilet filled to the brim with a strangers feces while being unable to flush it. After we fixed the toilet, we asked if they had cleaning supplies so we could sanitize the toilet and the bathroom. I'm not sure why but they said that they couldn't give us any cleaning supplies. I'm sure they had a reason for it, however it was a bummer to hear once again they couldn't help us. We ended up using toilet paper to clean out the bowl and body wash to clean the rest of the area, although we would have preferred a disinfectant. I was concerned about how well the rest of the room had been cleaned since the toilet of all things was obviously untouched, but there wasnt anything anyone could do so we brushed it off and hoped for a better experience in the days to follow. We woke up the next morning and the shower wasnt working. We turned it on and it was dripping, literally dripping, cold water. We notified them and they said the showers werent working throughout the hotel but they were working on it. We thought they might be having plumbing problems. Which is out of their control, but having been notified as a courtesy instead of having to keep trying to fix the room for them and having to follow up would have been nice. The rest of the visit was just fine. We booked in advance and we're told less than a week before our visit that the pool was down for maintenence but they did allow us access to the hotel they owned next door. We also tried to eat in their restraunt and they only offered one vegetarian option which was mushroom based (were vegeterians). Unfortunately, I don't like mushrooms and they noted on their menus that they won't make any modifications to their menus so we didn't eat there. We went to their hotel next door. The restraunt felt more like a pub but (I say but although I found it much more enjoyable) the service was great, they made us very comfortable, and they were quick and accommodating. The hotel itself was bigger and fancier, yet the restraunt felt more family friendly and the staff communicated better and honestly seemed happier. I'm sure some or most of this was a unique experience for us. I chose 2 stars because we have paid much less for hotels and have never experienced, what I considered, poor service, or to be more accurate, no service upon arrival.

To add, I don't want to blame the staff. It could have been against hotel policy for certain members of staff to assist with certain services. It may have been a rouge staff member that blew up the bathroom after it had been cleaned. Our experience following our bathroom disaster, housekeeping was very kind and kept up our room. We just personally had some odd and unpleasant experiences and wanted to share in case others have had the same. If there are any other vegetarians out there that don't like mushrooms, maybe don't plan on eating there during your stay. 😉 This was our first big family vacation and while saving for our next, we personally will not be visiting again.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, General Manager at ALO Hotel by Ayres, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2023

Dear Matthew P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay! I would like to extend my most sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have encountered regarding the unexpected plumbing issues, our pool undergoing maintenance, and the onsite restaurant. We understand these items mentioned are essential factors in having an enjoyable hotel experience.

I’d like to assure you that we have since been able to fix the issues mentioned with our plumbing, as we prioritize providing stellar accommodations. Although the onsite restaurant is managed by an outside vendor, we appreciate your feedback on the options they provide and will happily share your insight with their team. I would love to discuss your experience with you further, so please feel free to reach out to me directly. It would be a pleasure to have the chance to welcome you back for a 5-star visit the next time you're in the area.

Sandra Zuno

Reviewed 8 August 2023

We loved it here!! The room was so clean and daily housekeeping was fantastic!! All public spaces were also very clean. The front desk staff was so sweet and helpful. The breakfast wasn’t great but not bad either. We were visiting for Disney so we decided to just get breakfast in the parks. There is a TON of storage space in the room which was so nice for our family. We would absolutely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2023

This is what a hotel should be, I requested a first floor room, and upon arrival received a first floor room! (at a decent room rate for a tourist area ). From the minute we checked in, we knew we made a good choice.(again, as we stayed here a few years ago.) The room was 100% clean & comfortable, and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The ALO's Free Parking was a plus. areas.We picked The ALO, for it's walking distance to Angel Stadium as well as many restaurants and attractions in the area (Both walking and a very short drive!) The FREE breakfast was a nice treat with fresh coffee, juices and HOT foods as well as outdoor seating on the patio which was a great way to start the day.This is a family motel as there are many children there due to being a very short drive to Disneyland. This location also has a shuttle bus stop to Disneyland ($) which many people took advantage of. A very nice, basic outdoor pool area with a hot tub in the courtyard for hotel guests complete this picture! Thanx, ALO...... Looking forward to our next stay there when in the area! Highly Recommended, Overall Rating~ Very Good.

Date of stay: July 2023
1  Thank larilu
Reviewed 23 July 2023

5/5 Excellent
The hotel is very clean, quiet, and comfortable. It's also in a great location, close to many venues including Disneyland. They include breakfast, which is a little more than continental, with eggs and I believe sausage and potatoes, but I would rather go to a restaurant. Check in was quick and easy, parking could become full easily, but there is a sister hotel behind this one with a parking garage where I expect patrons could park. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple