All reviews mid century record player retro feel palm springs nice pool huge patio hardwood floors close to town the main street downtown ojai lobby vibe balconies pets microwave lawn redone
Reviewed 23 May 2018

If you are looing for a place that you can let your dog run off leash, this is the hotel. Besides the hotel being clean and close to town, and the staff wonderfully helpful and friendly, having a large grassed area to rest, eat, and play with you dog was amazing. The grass area was well kept and most of the guest picked up after their pets.
We were even given a room with a patio that was fenced and opens directly to the fenced grass area.
Thank you Capri for a wonderful and restful trip to Ojai.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Billie E
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I get the idea of a kitschy feel to an old but supposedly rehabilitated property and when you walk in the reception area is nicely done -but that's where it stops and everything else is down hill. This is a motel 6 at best (I'd actually like to look up if it was one) -They charge a ridiculous $130-$150 a night for "balcony" rooms - by the way there is only one chair on the balcony for two people room - and its a tiny balcony overlooking other people with just trees.. not worth the ridiculous "upgrade" it purports to be. There is no decor - one light and its sad as sad can be. The website pictures show cute art and things on the shelves - um nope nothing in this room. The bathrooms are - well - let's just say my friend refused to take a shower and the toilet seat was completely worn down. how much could that be to replace? $15 at Home Depot? If you like a hard bed - this is for you.. I woke up stiff all over.. both the bed and pillows are extremely hard! But the bed did "feel" clean. And the internet was spotty at best and kept going out. I wouldn't recommend this place - unless you absolutely have no other option. It's not worth the money and frankly its just sad and needs some lipstick!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have to.. rooms are just sad.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank WorldAP
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Photos of this motel reveal a fresh layer of paint that glosses over basic defects in plumbing and beds which are close to falling down. Owners have done the best they can with paint and Ikea furniture, but the bones of this old motel show through and may bother some people--especially considering the price you pay for a room. The pool looked inviting but the water was cold. From the street the hotel looks like a second-rate property, but you can still stay here and be satisfied that you saved some money over other higher-priced spots. Just beware the paint is a thin veneer between OK and worse than average. Right now that thin veneer keeps my rating as "average," but I could easily change my mind to "poor."

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HankNDotty
Reviewed 24 October 2017

My husband and I ended up at The Capri when our usual place, The Lavender Inn, was booked for the weekend. Despite being only slightly less expensive than the inn, the Capri was so unpleasant we left a day early, forfeiting a night's fee. When we opened the door to the room, we were hit by a wave of noxious cleaning fumes, so powerful that we ended up sleeping with the balcony door open. We closed the room up to go to breakfast the next day, and when we returned an hour later the fumes had returned as well. Then there was the bed--a concrete slab matched only by the thin hard pillows for discomfort. We slept badly and both woke up painfully stiff. Free wi-fi is offered, but it is not strong enough to reach to the room we occupied. A cheap 70s style remodel doesn't hide the fact that this is simply a cheap (but expensive) motel masquerading as a high end hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PamelaSFNM
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

The photos are deceiving. The pool is not heated, making it unusable during our October visit. Rooms nice looking but not especially clean. Beds are hard, sheets are scratchy. On the plus side, the location is close to town and a pleasant walk. It is also relatively quiet. But how can you advertise a pool that is not usable? I would not go back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family