Hotels.com
Expedia
Official Site
FindHotel
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2021

I flew in from Cambridge, UK and was over my jet lag after a single night at the Ameswell Hotel. The room was serene and quiet, with lots of natural light, and the bed the most comfortable I've ever used.

The room had a good sized desk and a chaise longue in front of the full length window for reading/ work. There are charging stations in the rooms and excellent wifi.

The hotel itself is full of the kind of thoughtful, high quality details that make for a easy and memorable stay. There are lots of quiet spaces for a conversation,including a library with the theme of "flight", but also a lively bar. I walked the cycling/ walking path to the bay, and also did a Pilates/ yoga session in the spacious, well appointed gym.

The food was fantastic, including hors d'oeuvres that will knock your socks off. My salmon main was perfectly cooked over delicious wild mushrooms. Donuts were a hit at my table for dessert. The kitchen is run by a delightful chef using organic, locally sourced produce and sustainable seafood.

Finally, the staff were full of smiles behind their masks. They went out of their way to move chairs, tweak a food order, and generally make me feel welcome.

I loved my stay at the Ameswell Hotel and hope to be back!

Date of stay: August 2021
Chris de Jesus, Guest Services / Front Office at The Ameswell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Hello TLY,

Jet lag is not a good thing. I don't envy you on that, but I'm glad you found a nice, relaxing, serene and quiet room along with an amazingly comfortable bed during your stay at The Ameswell Hotel! We love comments like these as they tell us what we have done right for our valued guests.

It's an amazing natural and technological feat, flight. We are obsessed with it. We made our library along with the rest of the theme of the hotel be the center of it. We also made sure that we provide you an amazing amenity at the end of the day.

Ooohh and the food! Our Chef Christian McCallion, just flexing, was named "Best New Chef" by Silicon Valley Magazine. So glad you were able to enjoy his California cuisine while you were staying with us.

And thank you for recognizing all the smiles beneath the masks, we are happy that our actions and demeanor screams "we love you here!"

Say hi to us when you return! You are very welcome!

Reviewed 7 August 2021

I was at The Ameswell Hotel for a family trip. The whole hotel atmosphere was amazing with the NASA themed common areas, high-tech amenities, and spacious rooms. All of the hotel staff were welcoming and friendly. The Fly By and Roger provided excellent food and drinks every day. I had no trouble falling asleep due to the heavenly beds and how well the room was sound proofed. The hotel gym was a dream to use as a result of having lots of free weights, machines, and workout space. The salt water pool was a big plus to use during the hot summer and there was plenty of extra towels and places to sit after a dip. I will definitely come back! :)

Dear Annie M,

I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at The Ameswell Hotel! We are happy you enjoyed the theme of the hotel. Our inspiration came from our innovative neighbor, NASA Ames Reseach Center, hence the nods to space and flights throughout the property.

We'll take "The Best hotel in South Bay" with an open heart and know we will not stop to be better everyday!

Annie M, you warm our hearts! Thank you once again.

Reviewed 7 August 2021

I stayed at the Ameswell for two nights after a long journey from London. The room was great--the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in in a hotel, and the room was unbelieveably quiet. The wifi was excellent, both in the room and throughout the hotel. There is a nice, well-equipped gym, as well as easy access to a running trail that runs all the way to the bay shoreline. The staff were friendly and very helpful, and the food at the restaurant was excellent. All in all, it is a perfect place to relax and to get some work done--if you are looking for a place to stay in Mountain View/Silicon Valley, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: I think all the rooms would be good. I was in a room overlooking the freeway and there was no noise at all!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello William S,

Wow! Thank you for a very high recommendation of our hotel and restaurant! We are delighted your stay with us was all you needed it to be. It is comforting to know that we could provide you everything you needed after a long travel: a great quiet room and an amazing bed to rest. The other amenities aren't too shabby as well: blazing speed wifi, well-equipped gym, and that running trail is a beauty, adding in our great staff. Thank you for recognizing all these.

When your travels bring you back to the states, The Ameswell Hotel is here for you! We will welcome you with open arms everytime!

Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

My family loved this new, hotel, which is vibrantly modern and sprinkled throughout with fun optical illusions and unique designs. Friendly and helpful staff throughout. The room is furnished beautifully.

The restaurant, appropriately called Roger (given its distance from NASA, is open and airy and leads out to a large dining patio, fire pits, lounge seatings, and a wonderful garden area full of games for the family. The food was down-to-earth and absolutely delicious. My daughter enjoyed the warmed, outdoor pool and the hula hoops after dinner.

We will certainly be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Johnny NN,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed The Ameswell Hotel and our bar and restaurant, Roger! Our amazing Chef, Christian McCallion, was recently named Best New Chef in Silicon Valley Magazine's Best of the Bay for his delicious concoctions! I'm glad you and your family get to sample his food.

When you return, a few more games will be added for your family to enjoy. We welcome you back to your new home away from home!

Reviewed 3 August 2021

I stayed at the Ameswell for just a night last week and could not have been happier with my visit! The staff was incredibly helpful and kind, the room was beautiful, and the lawn games after dinner were so much fun! I will absolutely be returning for a longer visit and can't wait to do so!

Date of stay: July 2021

Hi Sydney R,

We're pleased you were happy with your stay at The Ameswell Hotel. We are very fortunate that we have incredibly helpful and kind staff, they are our pride and joy! We're glad you enjoyed the lawn games after your delicious meal at the Roger. A few more games will be added soon! I'm super excited for those, actually :-)

We welcome you back!