“Fresh, juicy, overall amazing quality food.”
Review of Shine Cafe

Shine Cafe
Ranked #18 of 107 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

So glad we found this placw. Absolute vegan paradise.
My favorite thing here is the spring rolls! They are huge, like burrito sized and the sauce they come with is DELICIOUS.
I have also tried the hummus wrap which was another favorite.
The shine burrito is my husband favorite, he also loves the "chicken" tacos. The sandwich was also good but pretty basic.
I also tried their soup which was a brocolli cheddar, really good as well.

You can really taste the quality and freshness in their food and that's what will always keep me coming back. We were passing through town and gave this place a try, ended up ordering seconds to go, AND hit them again a few days later when passing back through town.
Oh yeah, and make sure you let them know you want to add gratuity BEFORE they run your card... I didn't notice the little sign until after and felt bad cause they were all so nice!

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at this small café downtown Morro Bay next to the Health Food Store. Very fresh, very well seasoned, delicious. We had a huge veggie wrap and a sandwich. We took home half of each and had dinner, too.

The smoothie bar looked tempting. Will have to try those, too.

Next trip to Morro Bay, we are eating at Shine Café.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Shine is one of a very few local vegan hot spots. Solid totally vegan menu with many options. Portions are great. They make their own tempeh - it is good.

My favorite item is the pancakes - DO NOT ORDER MORE THAN ONE, they are huge, filling & delicious.

For me the menu is just a bit bland - it tastes the same, utilizes most of the same ingredients in different formats - ie. Taco, salad or sandwich. The dressings are very good. All in all, good spot with world conscious vibes.

A nice bonus is the juice bar on hand as well as a health food store attached.

Super casual place & service.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We were in the area for 4 nights and 3 days. After having a very disappointing vegetarian dinner the first night, where we’re staying, I decided to check out what our options were in the area. We were over the moon delighted to have found this wonderful place!

Sometimes when traveling it can be challenging to find healthy, organic, and delicious vegetarian food. Consequently, we often plan ahead and take a lot of our own food, which can be a lot of work. What a find was Shine! We loved it so much, that we drove the 20 minute drive from Cambria, where we were staying, everyday while there. We would drive there for lunch, eat there, and then also order food to go, for dinner later in the evening. The staff are pretty cool and friendly, the decor is a good kind of funky, it’s clean, there’s a good, positive overall vibe, and hightened consciousness is evident throughout.

We particularly enjoyed the hummus wraps, vegetable rolls, the soups, and the jack fruit street tacos.

We’ll be going back to the area again in April, and have already decided that we’ll be having all of our meals at, and from Shine. We’re looking forward to trying as many of the different dishes as possible.

Thanks Shine! What a blessing!

1  Thank Soulsong4u
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Had lunch with friends who live in Morro Bay who said I had to go! None of us is vegan and I'm telling you it was delicious. We all had the 'Famous Tempah Taco' , sat inside, ordered at the counter and was quickly served at our table. The next day I returned alone for lunch AGAIN, sat outside with my dog and enjoyed the spring rolls. I bought a container of their cilantro salad dressing to take back to my friend's house where I'm staying, it's that good! It will liven-up tonight's salad with it, and yes, I'll probably return again before I leave Morro Bay!

1  Thank Kimberly G