All reviews silicon valley palo alto stanford university walk in closet room service four seasons the santa cruz mountains nespresso machine main building pool service pool area beautiful property business and pleasure hotel guests rooms are spacious fitness center mini bar
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We were here for our wedding anniversary celebration. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The warm welcome card in the room is not your standard "happy anniversary", but instead it said "... May your love grow stronger and inspire all those around you... " which my wife and I loved. We were pleasantly surprised they upgraded us to a luxury suite from a Jr. Suite. Also before we leave, they gave us a small going away gift which has something to do with shower (which I have no idea what it is, but my wife enjoyed it).

We had dinner, breakfast, and lunch at the restaurant in the hotel. Again everyone is friendly and they (multiple staff) all congratulated us on our wedding anniversary and addressed us by name. My wife and I think this is not exactly an easy job because you have to remember the name of your customer and the occasion (wedding anniversary, birthday, ... etc) and there could be multiple parties coming in with different kinds of celebrations. The restaurant staff were very attentive without being overbearing. For example, when the candle at our table went out for some reason, within 15 seconds, another staff replaced the candle for us.

Back to the room, the bath tube faucet is the most unusual design where it is extremely simple but very functional. It looks like just a small flat holder for something like soap but the water comes out of the flat holder like a waterfall. See picture to get an idea.

They also decorate the room with some interesting old books. I scanned one of them which is on old occupations and one of them is a "smell technician" which all they do is to smell things.

The room is obviously great, with huge walk in closet, huge shower, 1 1/2 bath, separate bedroom, patio... etc. However, I think the greatest thing about our experience is not the room, it is the friend and warm service from the staff.

We will be back again due to the very pleasant experience for my wife and I.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Sharon C, Director of Sales at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Dan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this feedback on tripadvisor. It was our pleasure having you with us at Rosewood Sand Hill.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Our goal is to provide you with outstanding service and to ensure that each and every one of your stays is a pleasant and memorable one. We will utilize all of your responses to enhance our service further, and will continue working to maintain the tradition of excellence for which Rosewood Hotels & Resorts is known.

We hope to welcome you back to Rosewood Sand Hill in the near future. In the meantime, please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 650.561.1530.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Good location, clean and comfortable hotel. However, the rooms were underwhelming and the service is not amazing. The Michelin starred restaurant was poor...service not good and the food was average. The hotel on the whole just doesn't give you the feeling that it is worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sharon C, Director of Sales at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Pamphile,
Thank you for your kind and candid feedback and for the opportunity to improve our services. Our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Sand Hill to better showcase our true level of service and overall value.
Kind regards,
Rosewood Sand Hill

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I will start by saying that I did not stay at the hotel. But I did attend a wedding there and have been to the restaurant several times and it was pretty good. The wedding ceremony took place outside on the grounds of the hotel, while the reception took place inside. To get outside, you had to go through a building - pretty standard. But then there are steps to access it. I use a wheelchair so was looking for a wheelchair ramp. I didn't see anything there. I then saw some wooden shutters that my friend had to pull back, which revealed a path that was naturally the handicapped access. But the area was being used for storage, with chairs stacked up on one side, and refrigerators/trash cans with empty wine bottles on the other. That is the last thing I'd expect from a 5-star hotel! The rating I have given them is actually quite generous.

Stayed: April 2018

Dear Vera,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this feedback on tripadvisor.

I appreciate you letting us know about the difficulty you had with our disabled accessibility. While we do have a proper wheelchair ramp, it is clear it's location was not adequately transmitted to you. I have shared this information with the rest of our team, and we will work to ensure that we properly direct our guests with wheelchairs and mobility concerns to the appropriate ramp.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Its a fantastic option to stay in the area. The grounds and rooms are nicely done and makes you feel the Rosewood sense.
With so many outlets open (Madera, Bar, SPA, Meeting rooms) for non hotel guest, the perspective may vary from one customer to other but as hotel is definitely a great place.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Sharon C, Director of Sales at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear theglimmertwin,
Thank you for your kind feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Sand Hill.
Kind regards,
Rosewood Sand Hill

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This from my experience is the most luxurious and sophisticated hotel in the bay area with a gorgeous backdrop, a perfect blend of nature and up-to-date 5-star amenities. I loved this hotel so much that after a causal visit to its lobby bar I decided later that I wanted to have my wedding here :) long story short, all the staff members were extremely cordial and helpful without any trace of being snooty and all very down-to-earth, helpful and professional throughout this often stressful planning period. We received SO many compliments about our wedding day from the picturesque wedding ceremony held at the Sunset Lawn overlooking Santa Cruz mountains to the Michelin Star dishes (lobster! Pork belly!) served to perfection for all of our guests at the reception. Even without too much decor, this fabulously styled urban haven 30mins from SFO was really everything I could ask for in planning and actualizing a care-free, all-inclusive yet gorgeous and special wedding venue not too far from my home in San Francisco. In my two days stay here before and after the ceremony, I got to enjoy this wonderful resort at a regular double bed room then at the complimentary suite and loved feeling of being surrounded by nature amidst all the rosemary buds. Its breathtaking views, upscale amenities, an amazing pool and cabanas and most importantly the serenity and feeling of seclusion offered so conveniently by the 280 freeway make this hotel a hard to beat one relative to other luxury hotel brands In the area (ie.Ritz SF/Half Moon Bay, Four Seasons, Fairmont, etc) from my experience. I’m a Ritz Elite member and have hopped around many top of the line hotel chains around the world, but this experience really made me fall in love with the Rosewood brand (the San Miguel property is also amazing!) Can’t wait to return here to celebrate our anniversaries in the future :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Cindy,

Congratulations. And, thank you very much for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback on tripadvisor.
I am delighted to learn that your wedding with us was so magnificent!

Our goal is to provide you with outstanding service and to ensure that each and every one of your stays are a pleasant and memorable one. We will utilize all of your responses to enhance our service further, and will continue working to maintain the tradition of excellence for which Rosewood Hotels & Resorts is known.