“It must be good if there’s a line up right?”
Review of Cafe Buna

Cafe Buna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Venice
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Five of us went for breakfast. Breakfast is absolutely my favourite meal to go out for. You can’t book so we drove on over and added our name to the list and waited. It was Sunday about 11 ish and we waited maybe 15 minutes. 26 over the road looked really busy so I felt we’d made the right choice. Service was great, the menu options were huge - there was every type of omelette you could think of - if not make your own. The fruit on the side was really nice as was the toast (several varieties). There’s several types of bacon and the red velvet pancakes with chocolate chips were apparently very hood. Great coffee. Worth checking out.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Nice down-to-earth pancakes without the fuss and not sickeningly hipster. Definitely worth the wait! We will be returning :)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I happened to be in the West Los Angeles area on Saturday morning and was looking for a nice breakfast spot. I absolutely found an awesome place in Cafe Buna that has great food, great service and was worth the 20 minute wait to get a table. I had their corned beef and hash which tasted great.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Attended a business breakfast this morning at Cafe Buna and it was pure disappointment. The table was not clean, the service was slow and very inattentive and the food was uninspiring to say the least. I ordered tea and the server stated she would be bringing me tea choices to the table but the tea arrived with a tea bag already in it so I had no idea how much time I needed to further steep the tea. Second, the food was dropped onto the table and we never saw a server again until we requested the bill. Terrible customer service. No jellies/jams on the table and everything is on a table or shelf somewhere else in the restaurant for the to-go orders. Really!!! I asked if the corned beef hash was homemade and they said no...and you others call this a great spot for delicious food. GTFOOH!!! For those that state this is the best food they have ever eaten in their lives. Welcome to mediocrity...I thinks NOT!!!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Came here a day earlier but didn’t have the time to wait in the long line. Came earlier the next day before our flight back to Oregon, where we enjoy the best breakfasts anywhere.
Ordered the coffee which was excellent, and eggs sausage potatoes and English muffins. Everything was well-cooked and non-greasy, but not exceptional. Sausage patties seemed like frozen reheated, a little “rubbery”.
Very decent well-cooked ingredients, but nothing to draw us back here again (like Russell’s in Pasadena).