Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Michael D
Melbourne, Kentucky

Quiet, friendly hotel.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 May 2024via mobile
The hotel is nice. It is quiet. My room smells smoky (this is why 4 stars instead of 5). The room is clean though. I'm on the 7th floor and there is no view. That doesn't bother me but I thought people would like to know The food is good and service is excellent if you need something.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Owner at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this review
Responded 4 May 2024
Dear Michael D, Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad you found our hotel quiet and enjoyed the friendly service. We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the room odor. Your feedback helps us improve. We are pleased to read you found the room clean and enjoyed the food. We hope to welcome you back soon for another enjoyable stay.

Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
16.9 km from Hilton Checkers Los Angeles
Room service
View more hotels in Los Angeles
1,741 results
All reviews downtown la corner room the financial district downtown hotel valet doorman parking dtla starbucks california hollywood
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2024

Came up for one night to take my kid to a college tour and they over charged me twice! 200 dollars in charges! Once ok deal with it move on but then I leave and you charge me again! gTfo I am so annoyed and I am not rich so waiting on 200 for five days to be refunded is not cool at all

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, Owner at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2024

Dear ashleyi788, Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. We make every effort to provide a hassle-free experience for our guests; however, we genuinely regret falling short in your case. We do understand your frustration regarding the inaccurate charges, and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Your feedback is invaluable to us as it helps us in our continued efforts to enhance the guest experience. We will review this internally to prevent such matters from repeating. We hope to have an opportunity to make things right and welcome you back for the seamless visit you deserve.

Reviewed 28 March 2024

While the room was nice and location convenient, I was very upset to learn that I would be charged $25 a day for my 3 night stay. It is couched as a food and beverage credit, but whether you purchase food or not, you are charged. Considering that my omelet with a Diet Coke was $42 with tip, it was even more frustrating. I had to use most of my actual $18 food and beverage credit just to cover breakfast. I realize this is LA, but The breakfast is the same quality as a Hilton garden inn. My feeling was they are forcing their customers to eat at the hotel in order to get something for the $25. But people like to go out and explore restaurants while in LA. The $25 does not rollover to the next day if you don’t use it. In addition as a Hilton diamond member I have access to premium internet, but had to use my hotspot just to watch a show on my computer because the internet was so poor. As a positive, the hotel staff was very friendly and efficient.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank KristinMoak
General Manager, Owner at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2024

Dear KristinMoak, Thank you for your review. We apologize for any confusion regarding our daily mandatory charges. Our website transparently lists all additional fees to ensure guests are fully informed before booking. We regret if the food and beverage credit did not align with your expectations. Your feedback regarding the breakfast and internet connectivity is noted, and we'll work to improve these aspects of our service. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly and efficient staff; we value your feedback and hope to better meet your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2024

Update: After my one star review I was told to called back again only to be told I will not be refunded. Waste of my time. Your hotel does not accommodate the business traveler. Called customer service. No luck.

Diamond Member here. Would not recommend for business travel. Giving a one star review for service. Can’t get anyone on the phone. Won’t refund money due to having to cancel stay at the last minute. I’ve stayed at Hampton Inns that had better service.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank argonflux
General Manager, Owner at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2024

Dear Argonflux, We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced during your recent interaction with us. As a Diamond Member, your satisfaction is incredibly important, and we regret that we did not meet your expectations. We understand the importance of accommodating business travelers and regret any shortcomings in our service. Your feedback is invaluable, and we hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2024 via mobile

This hotel was recommended by our travel agent and is located in the financial district of downtown LA. It is within walking distance of some wonderful restaurants (Bistro Louie, Drago, and Denae's Cafe). Upon checking in, we were warmly greeted by Mia at the front desk. She made us feel like she was welcoming us into her own home. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable. This hotel is highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Susan P
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2024

Dear Susan P, Thank you for the terrific review of your recent Hilton Checkers Los Angeles stay. It is great to see that you loved our comfortable accommodations. It will be a pleasure to pass along your compliments to our team member Mia to let her know their hard work is appreciated. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 March 2024

We are Hilton Rewards members and I DO NOT RECOMMEND. We drove 3 hours to get to LA to stay at this Hilton. We picked this place because we wanted to go to the Lakers game and see LeBron James. So this was a bucket list item, special treat and expense for us. The hotel advertised that the Crypto arena was 1 minute away walking? Actually, the arena was 10 minute walk in the rain. We ended up not going because we were advised that it was not safe to walk. Since we paid $50.00 per night to park our car, we were not willing to also pay an Uber since we had planned to walk.
It appears that this hotel is used mostly for business guest. These guest are not paying for rooms, their company is. However if you are personally paying $600.00 a night more is expected. The best thing about this place is the architectural building (absolutely gorgeous), the two doormen that helped us get inside.

If I could rate it negative stars I would. The majority of the staff was haughty, rude and dismissive. When you pay for a luxury room, you are paying for amenities like the rooftop pool, gym, customer service and smiling faces. This place only had a gym (I think) and a broken lobby bathroom. So we had to use our own 3rd floor bathroom while we caught up with old friends at the lobby bar.

Checkers Hilton greeted us with frowns and unwillingness to help. I guess we weren’t dressed up enough to stay there? Why that would matter is baffling since money spends no matter what you look like. I am a college graduate that speaks 3 languages, yada, yada yada. Don’t judge a book by its cover!

We ate quietly and enjoyed having breakfast together. However, the buffet breakfast is over priced, glamorized Holiday Express food. For two people they charged $50.00 for powdered eggs and food that needed to be changed out for fresher food. The service was lacking as no-one asked us if we wanted coffee or if we wanted anything. They did ask other patrons if they wanted refills of coffee. They just brought us the bill. We felt as if they wanted us to leave. Regardless, we wanted to go too. Nothing worse than paying for luxury to be treated as if we were the homeless people that lurk in front of the building at sundown.
Next time just stay at the Holiday Express. You will avoid skid and have beautiful memories of LA.

Room tip: Stay closer to the Airport. This is for business guest were the company most likely pays their bill.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank denniserica2024
General Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2024

Dear denniserica2024, We appreciate your loyalty to our brand. We deeply regret the challenges you faced during your recent stay. As Hilton Honors members, your experience should have been exceptional, and we apologize for falling short of your expectations. Your feedback is invaluable, and we will address these issues you have raised to ensure a more enjoyable experience for all our guests. Thank you for being our guest, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a truly satisfying stay in the future.