“Horrible service”

Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harbor Blvd
Description: Ports O’ Call Restaurant is everything that a waterfront dining should be, the setting, the food the service, in a comfortable unrushed atmosphere that is simultaneously cozy and classy, equally suited for romantic dinners and business conference. Our menu is quite varied but not overwhelming, definitely there are enough choices to ensure that every guests dining preferences will be accommodated. Ports O Call Restaurant has a well deserved reputation for serving only the finest, freshly prepared cuisine and for its skilled courteous staff, dedicated to making each guest’s dining experience a memorable occasion. Happy Hour: Monday to Friday 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm ( No happy hour on major holidays ) $4.00 for house wine, domestic beer and premium well drinks. Complementary appetizers, and half price on selected food items
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Does it really take 20 minutes to get a tiny bowl of clam chowder and calamari? And does it take 20 minutes for the waiter to bring the bill of sale after request? The lobster was way over cooked and the fries were worse than the fries at In-and-Out Burgers. The waiter joked inappropriately with some of the guests. I heard him tell a lady to whom he gave the bill of sale, "Remember to include my tip." Who says that?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are still in shock from the horrendous service we received tonight. I am not a fish eater so I ordered the New York Strip and specifically requested medium rare - pink to reddish center. When the first attempt came from the kitchen, there was a small bit of pink in the center and the bulk of it was grey. I informed the waitress and she tried to tell me it was medium rare. I was shocked that she would say that, especially since I always order steak and know what medium rare is even though this restaurant apparently does not and because I clearly stated how I wanted it. She finally went to get another and within a couple minutes returned with a raw steak and left it and didn’t return to see how it was. By the time I saw her again, the rest of our party was done with dinner and then she proceeded to argue again that the first one was good. She was really rude and so we asked for the manager and sadly he was equally ignorant of what customer service is and did a repeat of her arguement, tried to blame the lighting, and said they could not try again. In all reality, they could have cooked the second steak a little longer. So-DO NOT go to this restaurant if you don’t eat fish or if you care about being treated properly. In years of eating at some of the finest restaurants and some of the most humble, I have NEVER had an experience like this and should have read the reviews of others before walking through their doors. To be fair, if you don’t mind be a zero on the customer service scale, the other diners said the seafood was pretty good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Everyone loved their food. Nice day, attentive staff.
We sat outside on the patio overlooking the water and got the fish and chips, salmon and steak.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The restaurant is a lovely place to eat. It has several eating areas so does not feel too large, and is set in nice grounds. It is a shame that the area is being re-developed, the owners do not yet know what will happen to them.

The food was great, the servings enormous even by USA standards! They have a great salad bar for starters, but don't attempt to try a little of everything or you won't want an entree!!. For entrees of course we had seafood - one a seafood combo and the other a sauteed seafood. For once, I could not even look at the dessert list and that is saying something as to how good the food was as I 95% manage to leave room for "the best course"!

Service was great, as was the dining room atmosphere. A really good night out - hope they manage to re-open after the re-development, in a restaurant with a similar ambience.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Great view of the waterfront. Enjoyed dinner with my family. Service was good and prices relatively inexpensive.
Best clam chowder I've had! Strongly recommend it!