Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
HilaryGar
Los Angeles, California

The Conrad is RAD!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Well, color me surprised! This old girl thought she knew every nook and cranny of her hometown, but the new Conrad hotel in DTLA is a delightful discovery. I've been shuttling between hotels while my gorgeous Spanish-tiled roof casa in the hills gets a little nip and tuck, so I've seen more than my fair share of lodgings lately. But the Conrad? Oooh honey, it's giving me a whole new perspective on downtown's attempted comeback.
Let's start with the views, shall we? I felt like I was surveying my queendom from those floor-to-ceiling windows! The glistening Disney Hall curved its way into view like a showgirl's hip, while the stately lines of the Music Center reminded me of Michelle Yeoh serving regal elegance in Everything Everywhere All At Once. It was the perfect juxtaposition of old and new LA - much like the city itself as it tries to rebrand as a cultural wonderland without losing its gritty charm.
Speaking of old and new, let me tell you about my rental car saga. I landed at LAX convinced I was the epitome of eco-consciousness by booking an electric car. Smug though I was, my face fell when I realized they hadn't provided the charging cord! In a panic, I called the Conrad's valet, and the ever-resourceful Rafael assured me with that soothing velvet voice that he'd locate a cord and I shouldn't fret. True to his word, by the time I arrived, they were ready to charge up my green machine.
The service only got better from there, my dears. J.P. at the front desk took me on a grand tour of the lobby like I was a Tik Tok influencer, pointing out all the hot spots and texting me later with dinner recommendations. I felt so welcomed and cared for - a rare feeling in today's digital desert of a world.
In fact, the entire staff seemed determined to make me feel at home, from the sunny morning greetings to the attentive beverage service. One afternoon, buried under a mountain of paperwork, I decided to camp out at the bar with my laptop and a dry martini to sustain me. The charming Kevin kept my glass filled and my gazpacho bowl repilled as I tapped away, making working feel almost...fun? For a psychologist dealing with other people's psychodramas all day, that's the ultimate meditation!
All in all, the Conrad is an urban oasis in the middle of the city I adore. With soaring views, friendly staff, and a prime location at the crossroads of LA's past, present and future, it's earned a permanent spot on my staycation rotation. Until next time, DTLA - I'll be the one peering down at you urbanites from my lofty perch, martini in hand!
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Use your Hilton Rewards and get free internet!
Trip type: Travelled solo
    HK$934
17.7 km from Conrad Los Angeles
Room service
View more hotels in Los Angeles
All reviews disney concert hall agua viva front desk bunker hill amex fhr general manager jose andres music center blackout shades concierge team pool service gorgeous hotel turn down service my day stay room service menu house car luxury hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This trip was a quick stop over on our way to see Adele in Vegas and we were also booked at the Conrad at Resorts World. Well this hotel in LA is 5 star Vegas not so much will do separate review however tow different experiences hence the title

Check in very quick and pleasant minor room upgrade and off to the lounge for some quick bites and drinks I wont talk about price because if you go you know everything is expensive today that said everything was quality except for first night a bit of a staffing issue in bar they comped a round of drinks and that made it right

Lunch at San Laurel was excellent as was the service Dinner was also excellent wish I could remember servers name but he was excellent Pool service by Britney was also done very well Everyone friendly and professional

Room very comfortable nice bed and truly 5 star turn down service I would come back without a doubt

Now I guess we were spoilt because we usually stay at crockfords at resort world but thought we would keep the Conrad theme going big mistake huge but we had this 5 star first and that is what truly showed us the difference

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Conrad LA Stay May 16 to 20th:

Nice, new hotel across from the Walt Disney Concert Center in Downtown LA. You enter the valet for car drop off 1st Street at the 3rd floor of the building.
Elevator takes you to the 10th floor where lobby and San Laurel restaurant are located. Also pool and Aqua Vita restaurant are on the other end of 10th floor outside. Spa/Fitness center down to 9th and 8th floors. A separate bank of elevators takes you up to rooms.

Reception and Conceirge staff very nice. Oliver @ Conceirge desk assisted us in getting some dinner reservations arranged before our arrival, and Adam helped us many times during our stay and greeted us by name when we came by the conceirge desk. We really appreciated their help and friendliness.

The hotel also provides Lyft rides to locations within 2 miles of hotel. So we used that for our restaurant visits each nite. The concierge desk booked the ride and then sent us a “link” to our phones and we met the ride outside on Grand Avenue at the 3rd floor level of the building. Worked very well.

We had an excellent meal at San Laurel the first night. We ate at the bar. The restaurant was packed and we had a reservation, but on our hotel reservation we had our home phone and they tried to “text” us that our table was ready, and we didn’t get that. It didn’t matter, as we had already decided to eat at the the bar. We had the Lubina, which was great and also had the Hiramasa Crudo which was also very good.

Pool looked nice, but it was a cool weekend, so we didn’t use it. Spa looked nice, but we didn’t get to that either. Fitness center is on 8th Floor down from Spa lever. It was spacious with standard equipment.

Our room was on the 20th floor and had a view of the Disney Center. The hotel doesn’t have bathes in most rooms, but there was spacious shower. One concern of ours, was the floor in the shower is tile, and gets slippery when soap hits the floor. Our room was quiet, black out blinds make sleeping in easy! Housekeeping did an excellent job.

We parked the car $62 per night. Valet service excellent. We had the same bellman, George, on arrival and departure and he was very pleasant and helpful.

We had a breakfast package and ate breakfast each day in the San Laurel restaurant. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Breakfasts were all good, I had the Greek yogurt parfait the last day of our stay and it was exceptional.

This stay was very nice and I’d highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in downtown LA. A lot of the guests were going to Dodger baseball games, and the music center and Disney Center are across the street.Also, it is a block from the Broad Art Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art. I also walked to the Angel’s Flight tram, and Central Market. Little Tokyo was 10 minutes from Central Market.

Room tip: Use the hotel provided Lyft rides if going somewhere within 2 miles of hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can't say enough good things about my stay at the Conrad. We did a staycation to celebrate my daughter's 8th birthday with a couple friends and had the best time. All of the staff were so friendly from the bellman to the front desk to the pool service and in-room dining. They went the extra mile to surprise and delight at every turn. I can't wait for our next stay at this wonderful hotel. I also personally loved the Byredo products and the blackout shades in the rooms. Pool was great too!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is now my go-to hotel in Downtown LA - there is no other hotel that even compares! The rooms are lovely - comfortable, stylish, high-tech - and the service is great. I like that you can text one number for all concierge requests. It's incredibly convenient. The F&B across the property was delicious, both at the restaurants and through room service. If you book through Fine Hotels, you also get several F&B credits and other hotel amenities that make the stay even more worthwhile.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

My stay at the The Conrad Hotel was
a memorable one thanks to Cecilia
who kindly offered me some coffee to take with me upon hearing how much I enjoyed it. It was sent up to my room with a card(what a lovely surprise!!!) and I didn't even get to say thank you to her, as I had to hurry to the airport. Thank you so much, Cecilia for your thoughtful gesture!! It is people like you that make a difference in our stays. I will definitely come back to the Conrad Hotel!!
God bless you!!

Room tip: The Conrad is with the LA Grande Residences, so if you want to self-park, you have to enter LA Grande Residences Parking lot.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family